Maglite clones at BigLots

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was visiting the BigLots in Danvers, MA (which is a Big BigLots) and found they have a bunch of Maglite clones on sale. They have a 4D silver version for $9.99, a 2D (assorted colors) for $5.99, and a 3 pack with a 3D, a 2C and a 2AA for $14.99. The 2D's were accessible and I took it apart. It's threads wwere a little roughter than Maglite but it seemed pretty solidly built. The bulb is mounted in a thick aluminum slug which threads into the front of the body. There seemed to be lots of room for mods. Lens and reflector are of course plastic. Spare bulb in tailcap.

The 4D and 3 pack are marked "Nikota" while the 2D is marked "Foresight" but all clearly from the same plant. If your BigLots has a "Nikota Tool Sale", it may have these. My home BigLots in SoCal doesn't.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I found the 2C foresight at the stores here.... no other types though were in stock. They appeared to come in a box of 10 with a lot of differing colors of which I have seen two shades of green, blue, red, and gold. There may be other colors but that is all I have seen as most of them were gone. I got a red one and it has .7A krypton bulbs in it (extra in tailcap). The click switch is a reverse clicky and has a funky rubber boot that sometimes slides to one side but all in all a decent light for $3.99.

wwglen

Enlightened
The one I stopped in yesterday had a 3 "D" version with a twin task type of head.

a ring of about 10-15 LEDs around a halagon PR based bulb.

ALMOST got one -- priced around $11-$12.

wwglen

Bob_Ulhedd

Newly Enlightened
I shopped at a Big Lots store yesterday in hopes of purchasing one of these 2C lights. This store had none of these. I did not leave empty handed. I purchased four "Helping Hand L.E.D. Keychain Lights". These lights were priced at $1.79 each and included a take-apart keyring. Here is a link.