Gave away four lights this week

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife complains that I have too many flashlights. To justify getting new ones, I try to give away the old ones that have fallen out of favor.

This week provided me three opportunities:

1. At a gas station, a little girl, maybe 5 years old, saw me wiping my car windows with a squeegie. She grabbed a squeegie and proceeded to clean the windows of her mother's minivan. With her mother's permission, I gave her my yellow UK 2AAA for being such a good girl.

2. At work, a facilities technician troubleshooted a bad AC outlet and replaced it. He had no flashlight, so I gave him my Pelican Mitylite Plus.

3. Last night, at a party, the kids announced that they were about to start a round of flashlight hide and seek. I took them to my car, where I handed out four 1AA and 2AA lights. "Can I keep it?" asked one. I gave two of the kids my 1AA 5LED Xnova and my 2AA 8LED Xnova-type flood light.

I may have turned three kids into flashaholics!

suertetres

Newly Enlightened
wow...atleast your giving them them away for good reasons.. so what's next on your list since you freed up space ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Perhaps we need to camp out by his house if we find out he has a case of Thor lights in the garage......

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Paul_in_Maryland said:
3. Last night, at a party, the kids announced that they were about to start a round of flashlight hide and seek. I took them to my car, where I handed out four 1AA and 2AA lights. "Can I keep it?" asked one. I gave two of the kids my 1AA 5LED Xnova and my 2AA 8LED Xnova-type flood light.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my count of lights given away at flashlight tag matchs is about 10. Now I just take 2 or 3 spare dorcy AAAs to hand out. Its amazing that something as little as a light can make such good friends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
giving them away is almost as fun as having them. I gave away a Ultra-G (gov version) to a friend that was on his way to go help build a church roof in africa, and I've give away over 12 26K upgraded keychain lights. I enjoy the peoples faces when they say: dang that's bright as they "try" and blink away the bright spots..lol

Paul good on you for sharing your addiction with others.

doug

watt4

Enlightened
earlier this month, a reservist networks guy who was about to retire (30+ years active/reserves/civilian service) had admired my gold xnova (1xAA, 5 led) when I handed it to him as we were working on some computers. he was impressed when I told him it was led.

a week or so later, on his last day of annual tour, I gave it to him. I taped a note to it that said it was for his last day of active duty. he was surprised, and appreciative, saying "this thing I will take home." I told him I put a fresh battery in it, and he asked, "is this the same one you carried in your pocket?" yup. the gift meant a little more to him then, because he knew it was my personal light I was giving him.

this reminds me, I need to get some more xnovas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my boss an xnova when he left this winter. I thought he could use a little light in his life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I give away lights as a discover and acquire brighter alternatives. I'm dumping all my incandescents except a couple Propolymers. It's hard for me to be content with the yellowish beam now that I've gotten used to the pure white of LED.

Replacing the Xnova 1AA and 2AA will be a 1AA 12LED Blue Ghost II and a 2AA 16LED Wave, both direct from China from the forum member who recently posted a message, "Now accepting PayPal" in the Dealer's forum. The Blue Ghost II is a brighter version of the 1AA 12LED sold on eBay for less than $10. The Wave appears to be an improved veresion of the 2AA 12LED sold on eBay.

All my giveaways come filled with Battery Station lithiums.

wmirag

Enlightened
I regularly give away those CountyComm dollar lights. It's an easy way to put a smile on somebody's face.

Yesterday I gave a good friend a Jill DD as a thankyou for a big favor. He put it right on his keychain. I hope he doesn't get caught in the next NYC blackoout; but, if he does, I will be relieved to know he's got a good light with him.

W.

D

Dae

Hi Paul, am I that lucky too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dae's the China dealer I was talking about. Very nice to deal with, and he writes better English than most of my fellow Americans...