Surefire/EoTech/PVS-14 Help please

CombatMedic

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

First off I know the Surefire M1 Millennium is a good choice if your mission calls for CQB. It's a very clean IR beam (about 12deg) and good out to a true 50M.

I have a Surefire SureFire M951 XM05 Weaponlight with "pigtail" that is permanently fixed to the weapons mount
Is there a replacement head I can put on this to convert it to an IR beam??

How well does the SUREFIRE IR filters work??? will they COMPLETELY obscure the light from the surefire in case I am in a light restricted situation??

I also have a separate M2 Surefire Centurion light with GG&G TACTICAL IMPACT DEVICE. That I will be using as my primary light source.

I would like to convert the weapons mounted Surefire to IR as it will be in front of an EoTech and PVS-14 weapons mounted system.

I redeploy next month so any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Doc

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Doc!

SureFire's L46 may be what you are after. It is a Classic WeaponLight Lamp Module component that is designed to screw into a Classic Universal WeaponLight Housing or Forend Housing.

click here for a photo of the L46

I suspect that the M1 uses a similar illumination device. Also, the L46 does not directly interface with the MU90 Millennium Universal Housing Body since that would create a three-SF123A body and the L46 requires two-SF123A.

I urge you to call SureFire and ask to speak to somebody there about their IR options.

My understanding is that SureFire's IR BeamFilters do not emit visible light (some people may be able to see a faint dark red glow if they look directly into the light at close range).

The IR BeamFilter for the M95 (M2) is the FM63.

I hope your redeployment is brief and uneventful, and your services to our forces are not required!

Best regards

Al