Quick bright guy/ SL polypro 4AA LED question

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming he doesn't take paypal as when I went to check out, I did not see that option listed, is this true? If so, any other good places to buy the Streamlight polypro 4AA LED light that accepts paypal?

Thanks.

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry I can't answer your question about where to buy one with a PayPal account, but I do want to make sure you are aware of what you are planning to order.

The Streamlight ProPolymer LED is different from
the Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon.

The Luxeon version is newer and *much* brighter but with a shorter run time. Many places carry the LED version, but I've only seen a few that have the Luxeon one.

If you find a site that takes PayPal, make sure they also sell the correct version of the light that you want!

-Brian

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
On a related note, does anyone know where I can get a Streamlight Propoly 4AA Lux where the shipping to Australia costs less than double the value of the flashlight? Brightguy don't offer a particularly affordable international shipping option.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found my on ebay. From u_name_it_411. I bought 2 Streamlight 4AA Propolymer 1 Watt Luxeon's. Shipping was very fast.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more question, perhaps it will get answered here instead of starting a new thread. Is the Streamlight polypro 4aa luxeon as bright as the Nuwai Q3? These are both on my list but I want to find out more about the Streamlight for possible gift giving as I won't give a CR123 based light for a gift.

Also I own one of those everleds, is that what it is called? It's the side emitter replacement LED for regular flashlight bulbs. Maybe I'm spoiled now but I don't think it's all that bright. I'm hoping the Streamlight will be brighter then that.

ckcanon

Newly Enlightened
According to flashlightreviews.com, the SL PP Lux has a Throw of 3000 and Output of 2350. The Q-III only does 600 and 1900. That doesn't even sound close.

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Well the propoly definitely out throws the QIII, no question there, but running my QIII on rechargeables I'd say they were close in brightness. The figures attest to this as well, as pointed out by ckcanon. Output of 2350 for the propoly and 1900 our greater with rechargeables in the QIII. Possibly I got an especially good combination of TWOJ in my QIII and a good battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif