Too Hot to Handle

Before today I thought Eva Longoria was the hottest thing I'd ever seen, but when I picked up my bare AL LionHeart, which had accidentally been left "on" on its highest level for over forty minutes, in the hot car, I realized Eva had some competition. Talk about hot, sheesh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

wquiles

Flashaholic
I know what you mean - some lights get really hot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

I had the same problem with the KL4 head - way too hot when running on high. I no longer have this problem with the MxGizmo two-level switch - now it is perfect, and I still have high mode for short burst use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

greenLED

Flashaholic
My thigh can attest to this. Somehow my LS turned itself while in my pocket (using twisty). I don't know how long it was on, but at one point I felt this "stinging" on my thigh. "Stinging" shortly turned into "burning". It wasn't too hot to handle with my fingers, but my thigh definitely has a different opinion about what how hot is hot.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
A thor face down on dark carpet for about 6 mintues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif. VERY VERY HOT.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I'll leave the USL outta this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This was the first proto CR2 with a BB500 left on to do its thing: (DegF)

site1025.JPG

Larry

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
My Surefire 6p, with P61 heats up QUICKLY. REALLY quickly. I was surprised how fast that sucker got warm.

SS

AuroraLite

Enlightened
What Scudinc said, except if anyone one of those is in your pocket, you probably won't mind the heat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, one time my LH accidentally turned on in my holster, and I almost dropped it when I tried to pick it up from the holster...from that point on, I was exceptionally careful how I insert the LH back to the holster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
I'll leave the USL outta this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This was the first proto CR2 with a BB500 left on to do its thing: (DegF)

site1025.JPG

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, thats nothing, try the ORB RAW....

83Venture

Enlightened
LionHeart users remember the 3 press lockout/turn on feature on the version 2 software if you have a repeating problem with accidental activation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also if you position the clip so that it points to the switch it forms a little "valley" between the clip end and the bezel which helps protect it from turning on.

OK, since I wrote this initial post, I had my brass Lion Cub turn on accidentally in my pocket. Man! My pocket hadn't been that hot since Eva had her little affair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Must remember that lock-out feature.

firefly99

Enlightened
Try this combination, Z3+P91 running for 8minutes. Remember to wear glove.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add to this the JIL REV running a RCR2. It'll pop popcorn in about 3 minutes. Never could understand why anyone would want a bright light of ANY size that'll fry you in short order. Wait a minute, I'm on CPF! The impractical is the PRACTICAL here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

moeman

Enlightened
I had made one of the "G3's"(G2+P91+Extender+spacer+G2Z bezel=G3)
and was wearing it on Duty, must have leaned on the switch for a while....
when i went to use it it had completely melted my Nylon SureFire Sheath flap.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif