Who will be the first????

vhyper007

Enlightened
What intrepid being among us will be the first to try two (2) r123 in
his/her Pelican HA3 from Battery Station?

Hurry up and let us know.

vhyper

Ctechlite

Enlightened
I don't have a HA3 version but I've been running 2x r123 in my pelican for a while now. First I ran them in a 3x lux3 magC. I pulled almost 2 amps out of them in that configuraion. Right now my PM6 is set up with a DB400 and I pull .2amps out of them. I think they are much happier with .2 amps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vhyper007

Enlightened
Well, I know someone will eventually do it. I also know it wont be me. Some of you EE types put your formulas to work and let the rest of us great unwashed know if we can do it and what if any improvement we can expect to see from it. I say this in all good humor and do not in any way attempt to denigrate anyone who has one of these already legendary lights.

I have a perfect, round, WHITE beam with direct spot and tons of spill. Impressive? In a word, yes. Was it tight? yes but nothing nyogel on the threads didn't alleviate. In looking for something to be wrong I couldn' t find a thing. It is that good. The anodization is even stem to stern, the knurling is top notch, the switch is,imho, everything the fb's should have been.

Nothing is perfect, never has been, never will be but this one raises the bar for led lights.

Contrasting opinions welcomed but you have a job cut out for you.

regards,
vhyper