Ultimate EDC light holster for Inova T1? HELP!

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I have become a flashaholic! I wanted an every day carry light.. I have failed 3 times now. The surefire e2e eats batteries to fast and I don't need one that bright for most close up things. Next was the Inova X5 .. best torch ever but not enough long distance power... last try Inova T2.... Best all around light I have ever seen and it is powered by a beautiful beam that will light up things as far as I feel comfortable taking a shot at a perp...BUT it is to big for every day carry! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I now have a the perfect tactical light! The perfect automobile light X5! The perfect do anything and everything light that will go with me now whenever I need a light or know I'm going somewhere I might need or want one for extended time.

Now for the ULTIMATE EVERYDAY CARRY LIGHT. 1.5 hours of the same brightness as the T2 from what I understand. Will I notice much of a difference in the distance from the T2 to the T1?

The T1 is shorter. Same design, same height as my X5 and uses ONE 123A battery.

Is there a holster for this and I hope this is the last flashlight I buy for the next decade because I just purchased an Inova X5 UV light for fun now.

2 things!

You people have warped my mind and created a new fetish for me.

And I do not see a good every day holster for the Inova T1.

Sorry for the long post everyone

ps. please feel free to answer if I will notice the brightness difference much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

tkgear

Newly Enlightened
If the T1 is the same size as the X5, I could recommend this holster.

x5holster.jpg

Larger image here

Larger image

I don't have my own T1 yet, but this is what I carry my X5 and E2Es around in.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
CyByte, I went through a similar evolution experimenting with EDC lights. That's the fun of flashaholism.

Have you considered getting a KL1 LED head (new generation) for your SF E2? I did, and I tend to leave the others at home. While none of these 3 lights are "floods", the E2/KL1 will give you similar overall Output -- but about 30% more "throw" than the T1/T2. It's about .6 inch shorter than a T2 and slimmer in the body, but with longer run-time than a T1. I find it emminently "pocketable" by using a slightly-modified nylon pocket-holster for a .38 snubby.

Surefire tends to rate their lights conservatively and it seems to apply to the E2/KL1 combo. While the T2 yields great run-time, the E2/KL1 ain't no slouch here. I now consider it my "if I could have only one" EDC light. It won't give you the "wall of light" your straight E2 (or a P6/C2, etc.) will, nor will it have a potent Incan's punch for solving "ambient Light" street/self-defense purposes, but it is a very good compromise.

Most dealers are back-ordered on the KL1 -- because it's such a hit. I got mine from Brightflashlights 6 months ago.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I just read the review of the KL1. Impressive but the T1 gets 1.5 hours off of one battery so that cuts the cost down and I want to keep the incadesent on my tactical light I can see and identify things faster from my testing with it. but very impressive non the less.

I am looking for one that has the click on and off in the back of the light which allows the T1 to be used as a tactical light.

Are there any others that compete in the 1 123A battery department with the T1 for performance and durability?

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Sure. The SF E2's little brother, the E1, comes to mind. If you do an "E1" search here, you'll get tons of info. They're real popular... and pocketable.

Additionally, you could get that KL1 LED head and put it on the E1 OR your present E2 -- subject to whims and needs -- for maximim flexibility.

Beyond that, you could just get the SF E1L (the E1 with the KL1 head; $98 @ BrightGuy) and be done with it.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
or if you're looking for more flood get the e1 with a KL4 head, last along time, even better if you put on a two stage tail and use rechargable 123 batteries. this light has become one of my favorites.

doug

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I go with 1x123 light's and in that vein, a KL-1 on a vital gear FB-1 body is a very small potent setup. add a diffuser for flood
and you have a very small tuff light setup. The clip being bezel down may fit on your clothing easier, (shirt coller, duty belt, pant's pocket) very well. Does very well on rechargeables (batt station are especially good with it, and noticably brighter too) my KL-1's also throw better the then
my T1 a 3 i tried, and my slighty greenish tinted KL-1 equaled my friends T5. that's 3x123 Vs 1x123 with admitedly killer Luxeon head that it must have got i admit.

But the vital gear has a great back switch you mentioned wanting and the whole package fit's in the hand well, and
will take all the surefire E- series bezel's if you want a little E1e head the VG for a tiny but bright incan.

very good setup. VDG

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a T1, T3, X5t, and a QIII. I EDC the T1. I carry mine on a laynard, in the waistband. I was EDCing the QIII, but I wanted throw, not flood. So I carry the T1 on me, the T3, X5t, and QIII are on my slingbag.
You might want to get someone to make a kydex holster for your T1. I always thoght a nice horizontal sheath would work well for my T1.
Welcome to CPF!!!

Blades

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the welcome. I like the smoothness of my T2. other then the surefires, is there a competitor to the T1 in size and brightness?

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I am still in need of a holster if anyone has more ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I thought they would be the same diameter as well. the T series is a larger diameter

X5 diameter .864"
T2 diameter .984"

the t2 will not fit into the X5 holster that came with the x5.

I'm looking for a smaller holster then one of those. One that will not draw much attention so preferbly a form fitting one would be smaller.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I like the shape and feel of the Inovas and a surefire is not to good in a small area or trying to read papers on a desk up close (to much reflection from the bright light) and the more durable LED is why I like the Inova.

What difference does it make which flashlight I prefer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bob_G

Enlightened
CyByte,

I use the 5" version of one of these with a T2 and am very happy with it. BUT, I cut off the flap (left about a quarter inch) and used an exacto to remove the stitching for the velcro strip. So I've got a snug, form fitting, open ended sheath that's perfect for the T2 bezel down. It protrudes about 1.5 inches. If you wanted something sleek, this wouldn't be for you unless you were willing to doctor it like I did. It's built like a tank, and the flap is very large and stiff. Mine's tan and it pretty well disappears on my faded jeans or khaki cargo pants.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
how much velcro is there that holds on each side and does it hold the light in securely without the flap? how tight? I don't want it to fall out to much

Bob_G

Enlightened
The velcro is on the flap and the front face. It extends pretty much the entire length of the face (you can see this if you look closely at the picture in my link - it extends below the flap on the 5 inch.) Again looking at the picture, near the top of either one is a double row of horizontal stitches - this is the top of the sheath itself.

What holds the light is elastic around the outside circumference of the sheath - you can see this about half way down in either one. The elastic is tight enough that when empty, the sheath closes on itself. It's very tight with the T2 inserted. Also, even without the elastic, it would be a tight fit, as it's specifically sized for the T series lights.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
the fact that it can match my jeans in black and kahkis in tan is awesome! Why do they make a 4" and a 5" I would assume I need the 5" but smaller is better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif