My HA3 Pelican M6 3W LED arrived! MORE PHOTOS!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked the Pelican M6 lights but just can't seem to hold on to them. I've had more of them arrive and go back out the door with one of my friends or family than any other light. Good thing they're so reasonably priced.

This one is MINE though, ALL MINE ! With my favorite serial number no less....13.

Britt
My photos aren't the greatest, the color is off, also I think I can see the camera's red light reflecting off the body. But, you get the idea.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My HA3 Pelican M6 3W LED arrived today! 2 Photos!

How is the quality of the beam?

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Re: My HA3 Pelican M6 3W LED arrived today! 2 Pho

Pics look awesome, can't wait to get my hands on mine and put her through its paces. How's the fit and finish and the tint of the beam? Can't wait to hear more of your feedback.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow!! That light is beautiful!!!!

Can't wait to get mine. Tempted to order more as well.....

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fellahs, the beam is white to my eyeballs. I can't detect any tint in either direction. I'm sure some is there but I can't detect it. Usually I can pick up that little bit of mayonaise tint one side or that almost invisible bruising on the other side, but I can't see either on mine.

I'd take beamshots but I am absolutely awful at it, probably the worst on CPF, worse than Raggie even. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

The beamspot looks almost exactly like my first McGizmo made McLux PR head (Pelican Reflector) with a Luxeon III and a Downboy that screwed onto a matching 2x123A body. The McLux PR had a little more crisp definition around the hotspot's perimeter. <font color="red"> However, the HA3 costs $150.00 less!!</font>

But this is a beautiful beamspot. I haven't looked into the performance or runtime for this at all. I think whoever gets one of these is not going to be disappointed in the slightest if they all follow this one's lead.

I need to clean the tailcap threads and lubricate them, pretty much S.O.P. for me and PM6s. The anodizing natural tint is a different shade on the body where the checkering (others call it knurling) is than on the smooth parts like the head and tailcap. I think it isn't as pronounced in person as it is in my photos. But, that's pretty close.

The Battery Station's Kevin did a yeoman's service for many of us in seeing this project through to the end.

Now I need to go dig through the Surefire parts box and see what I've got that'll work with this. I think I have a beamshaper and a red filter that'll fit. I have a 6" cable pressure switch in there, but what I really hope I have is one of those wire lanyard rings that fits on the tailcap of the G2 etc. They work perfect on this with a lanyard.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Britt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope this light becomes full production (part of the regular line of Pelican). Right now, once the run is over, no more of these lights...

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

From what I heard from Kevin, a major step was taken toward that becoming a reality this week. But, it's not for me to say. See if you can lasso Kevin for an update along those lines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

batterystation

Enlightened

This light has a stock part number from Pelican. It is about to become stock! 2390 is the part number. Production run will not be serial numbered. We should have the last of them shipped tomorrow. Got another huge pile of them out today. It is one heck of a light.

SimplyJ

Newly Enlightened
Re: My HA3 Pelican M6 3W LED arrived today!

I got my HA3 Pelican M6 (#297) today too. It's smaller than I expected, the photos on the web make it seem much larger. The body and finish are very good. There are no surface or anodizing defects worth mentioning. But the fit of parts seems overly tight. Even after cleaning and applying silicone grease the tailcap, bezel, and head modules have a rough, grinding feel when you screw/unscrew them into place. Also in order to engage the safety lock out on my M6, I have to unscrew the tailcap so far out that the o-ring is exposed. I don't know if this is normal.

The color of the light is good. Mine has a very subtle blue tint, but to be honest it's only noticeable when I compare it to some of my other Luxeon 3 lights. Otherwise the light looks pretty white. The beam hotspot is small and tight with a smooth corona. The M6 is a spotlight with a faint flood.

This is my first M6. I like the design overall except for those two o-rings directly behind the head. I understand that they are there to help provide a secure grip, but the checkering does it's job well enough on it's own. On my M6 the external o-rings are positioned so close behind the head module that they don't help with gripping at all. It would've been better if the o-rings were wrapped around the head or the tailcap. Rubber around the tailcap area would also offer better support for a Rogers/Surefire flashlight hold. Overall though I like my M6. It may become my new EDC. I should also mention that I have dealt with Pelican customer support in the past and they are responsive, professional, and a joy to deal with. For me Pelican's support was a big selling point.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kevin,

Is the regular production run going to be HA III?

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
batterystation said:
This light has a stock part number from Pelican. It is about to become stock! 2390 is the part number. Production run will not be serial numbered. We should have the last of them shipped tomorrow. Got another huge pile of them out today. It is one heck of a light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent news. Glad this will become a permanent model.

Any chance Pelican in the future can be convinced to have serial numbers return? Lots of production lights have serial numbers: Surefire (aluminum bodied models), Maglite (C/D), etc. Serial numbers to me give each light a personality.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: My HA3 Pelican M6 3W LED arrived today! 2 Photos!

The SureFire A19 battery extender should fit if the body is still the same size as the old M6 Lithium!

My M6 has been modified with a DownBoy 400 module and a R2H LS. I'm getting about 11 hour runtime at 12v!!!

Anyone want to try and let the smoke out of their new 3w'er?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Looks good. I'm really tempted to cut loose with some bucks for one.

Maybe that will be my "reward" for working OT on Memorial Day...

SimplyJ

Newly Enlightened
Re: My HA3 Pelican M6 3W LED arrived today!

The HA PM6 comes with a cordura-like holster that also has a small compartment on the side for two extra 123As. The battery compartment has a velcro top while the compartment for the flashlight has a button snap flap.

The holsters' label sez:
CAT#2327
Made in China
Factory #1
Genuine Stuffalon Fabric

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

I e-mailed Jon French, Pelican's Regional Sales Manager and asked him if the M6's were going to be made the same as the 1st run production models. He said the finish will be HA III, have their laser etched logo, but with no serial numbers.

Jon said he was not sure when the M6 HA III's will go into production.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here you go, Greg:

standard.jpg

Closeup of spare cell pouch, it holds 2 CR123As:
standard.jpg

It was a bear for me to get mine snapped closed with the light inside. But, the light unsheaths easily. Sheathing it takes a little concentration, at least for me it does. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Unless you're one of us that likes to buy any new light that catches our eye, no matter how redundant it's capability, this light would be an excellent purchase for someone who doesn't already have an excellent example of the Modified Pelican Reflector (PR) positioned properly with a Luxeon III and all wrapped up in a tough HA3 envelope.

If you don't already have something like that, here's an opportunity and you can acquire it for $150.00 less.

Talk about being redundant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif I kept feeling that I had not communicated what I wanted to say adequately. I promise to leave it at that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One more photo:

standard.jpg

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
batterystation said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Kevin! This is good news. Is it reasonable to assume (in this case) that the production HA3s won't cost any more than these serial numbered First Runs and may cost less?

When I see what McGizmo and the Skunkers started and Kevin pursued, financed and brought to fruition enthusiastically supported by a bunch of crazy CPFers who only want the best flashlights in the world... I see a terrific example of some of the people who make up CPF at their very best! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Something of value was produced that well exceeds the status quo of the marketplace. The marketplace is enriched.

More cooperation and encouragement between and among ourselves and less dollar-grubbing and jealousy driven criticism and we might see more of this sort of thing here.

I know it has become increasingly difficult for Kevin and some other CPFer owned businesses in recent months. I'd hate to see the day come when these outstanding sole proprietorships and simple partnerships are pushed out of the CPF community by our demands to shave a few bucks off the price.

I've never had a single problem with anything I've bought from Kevin and I've made a lot of purchases, particularly considering I'm not a business just a sick dude who gives flashlights for presents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Kevin is my Christmas Shopping service. I shop online at the CPF discount page (how many of those foreign companies have a page devoted to CPF discounts?) He packs up everything and ships it off to my friends and relatives. He even throws in stocking stuffers like calendars and Battery Station ink pens!

Like I said, I've never had a single problem with any purchase (the product or the service) from The Battery Station (www.batterystation.com)....but if I did, I could get Kevin on the telephone (got to be patient, the world doesn't revolve around me) and get it rectified.

Try that with www.internationalbatterymegalopolis.com

I'd like to thank all of you that threw you enthusiasm into this project...it wouldn't have come off without you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Britt

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one of those, but I just ordered a TerraLux Ministar2 for my minimag so I want to see how that looks with my homemade beam diffuser. I'll post about that later.

I am glad that its made in USA as well...