Inova T2 vs Inova T1 will I notice the less light?

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
the T2 was to large for everyday carry. I am thinking the next best light will be the Inova T1 for it's size and from flashlightreviews.com there doesn't seem to be to much of a difference. It is smaller, same design. Will I notice the difference in light output for the distance.

flashlightreviews.com says for 1.5 hours it will be the same brightness. Does it dim after that or basically just shut off. The T2 shines far enough to where I could see a target to defend myself, will the T1 serve the same purpose with it's throw for about the same distance?

And I will need a holster for it which I have not found yet.

JBL14

Newly Enlightened
Re: Inova T2 vs Inova T1 will I notice the less li

I have both. There is very little noticeable difference in output/throw. In my opinion, you'd only notice the difference if you were comparing the two lights directly, not if you were simply using one or the other in any given circumstance.

I think the main difference (other than the size) is the runtime difference. I have not performed runtime tests on either of my lights, nor have I used either one long enough yet to observe what happens when the batteries get low.

I've been EDCing the T1 lately (even swapping out my Q3 at times), and I really like it. I can't remember now where I got the holster for my T1 (it will also accommodate the T2), but it hangs down below the belt and I'm not that crazy about it. So I'm on the lookout for a good holster as well.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened

If it is just about as bright I do not mind the 1.5 hours since it only uses one battery.

I wish I could see a distance shot of the beams.

The holster is the main thing that I need though.
I have found no other light that could compete with it if it's on par for perforamnce of the T2

Ozric

Newly Enlightened

I saw some holsters on eBay here and here, and I just put up my near-brand-new T1 up for sale if you're interested ( hope this alert is not against forum rules)