Lost my 6P + P90 + R123s

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Just found out a little while ago that I lost my Surefire 6P!! I had a P90 bulb and r123s in it. I'm still kinda in shock. It's.... i mean it was... my edc, and now I have to think about a replacement.

Do you guys think that i should just get the same setup, or do i have any better options? Currently, I can't think of anything in the same size and price range that will give me roughly 80-90 lumens, and can be recharged....

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well that was a silly thing to do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
I've lost one or two flashlights before - it ain't right.

Is there anything about how you were carrying/using the 6P that a different light (perhaps one with a PocketClip) would have helped retain it?

I mean, something as simple as a Lanyard can make things harder to just leave behind...

Al

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Yes i know it was really silly and believe me, i'm not impressed with myself at all..

I don't think a lanyard would help, because it somehow disappeared from my jacket pocket. I wasn't using it and dropped it. I had it in my jacket when i left the house last night, and it was only this morning that i realized it was missing.

Geologist

Enlightened
too bad "The Beast" will not fit in your jacket pocket. They are a bit larger and you would know when you dropped it...
Seriously though, I like the 6P - as long as you are happy witht he HAII and the weight. Since you can put all the diiferent SF lamps in it and the 3W LED, it is a quite flexible light. I agree Size15's - get a lanyard, clip, etc. (maybe a zippered pocket?)
Ciao

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your input guys, i've decided to replace my setup with the same one. Pelican M6 is nice but i want to be able to recharge my edc. The beast.... well, i would like one, but as was pointed out, not exactly EDC stuff.. hehe. Would be nice if we could run it with 14 or 15 R123As though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I would also love to have the L4 and x200, but again, can't afford to get the L4 and pila batts...

Besides, Brian from TK Gear here in Australia made me a pretty good offer in helping me replace my setup. Thanks Brian!

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading this thread makes me suddenly check all my SF's. I've got renewed interest in the "pistol lanyard" idea to keep it on my person.

Heh, of course, my actual pistol has no lanyard ring, but my flashlight does? That should go in the "How to know you're a flashaholic" file. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif