• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED Latest POP2 V2.25 Q3 CLOSED

cgpeanut

Enlightened
1) Latest POP2 V2.25 Q3 Dual LDO with TXOH, 20mm IMS Reflector, Copper DD Heat Sink, Mineral Glass + O-rings for $145.00 Shipped Anywhere Using USPS Global (No Tracking Info) for International Shipping and USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation Note: I will not be responsible for lost and or Damage Mail

TXOH Q3 Copper DD Heatsink

TXOH High

q3's

Centered Lux

This is the latest POP2 Version 2.25 with simplier UI called U3 and dual LDO all you need is the li-on battery and your set

EDIT: I set this up to maximize the the TXOH lux, using TPS73101 as primary LDO and TPS73601 as secondary LDO,

Operation:

1st ON = default level (0=last used, 1=low, 2=high)
2nd ON = alternate level
3rd ON = low level brightness selection (strobe & sos not included)
4th ON = strobe mode
5th ON = sos mode

2) Latest POP2 V2.25 Q3 Single LDO wirh TWOJ, 20mm IMS Reflector, Aluminum DD Heat Sink, Mineral Glass + O-rings for $140.00 Using USPS Global (No Tracking Info) for International Shipping and USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation Note: I will not be responsible for lost and or Damage Mail

Good Balance between runtime and brightness, Really nice tint,

EDIT: I set this up as single LDO using the TPS73601 as primary 600mA output.

Q3 TWOJ POP2 Version 2.25

POP2 Version 2.25 Copper and Aluminum Modules

3) Red-Orange POP2 Version 2.25 sammie with G2GH Lux. I will pot it witk blue or green glowpowder you choose! *** SOLD ***

Very Nice and Bright! low Vf and it really cranks! 190 Lumnes! $60.00, Shipped Anywhere using USPS Global (No Tracking Info) for International Shipping and USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation Note: I will not be responsible for lost and or Damage Mail

Red-Orange POP2.25 Sammie Really Bright!

Red-Orange POP2 Version 2.25 BeamShot

Red_Orange POP2 Version 2.25 Low

Red-Orange Maggie with McFlood Reflector

My Paypal address: [email protected]

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Re: Latest POP2 V2.25 Q3 and Red-Orange sammie

DJ posted this from

POP2 thread

I've cut and pasted his POP2 Version2.25 Introduction to simplify:

DJ Said:

The new UI is actually combination of UI1 & UI2 for easier and faster usage yet more consistent operation.

The major (actually minor) changes from the v2.22 to v2.25 are below.

1) It has 4 choices (UI1, UI2-0, UI2-1, UI2-2) instead of 2 (UI1, UI2) in UI selection.

UI1 is the same old classic UI and the UI2 is based on the current POP2 UI2, but further modified to suite what I consider more useful.

The 1st ON brightness level is fixed in UI1 as 'last used' level and the original UI2 followed the same. Now 1st ON in UI2 can be set to use either 'high' or 'low' in addition to the 'last used' level.

When you turn on the light 10th time, it goes in UI selection mode. It will give you a short blink and wait for 700 msec. Then there will be 4 slow strobes cycle.

If you turn off while any of the light is on, the UI is selected as below. If you turn off the light when there is no light, the UI remains unchanged.

1st strobe: UI1
2nd strobe: UI2-0: 1st ON = last used level
3rd strobe: UI2-1: 1st ON = low level
4th strobe: UI2-2: 1st ON = high level

2) Unlike previous UI2 in the thread, strobe and sos are not treated as low level any more.

The low level brightness selection cycles through the brightness only (up and down like Ui1) and the strobe and sos are moved behind the brightness selection.

So this is how it works.

1st ON = default level (last used, low or high)
2nd ON = alternate level
3rd ON = low level brightness selection
4th ON = strobe mode
5th ON = sos mode
|
10th ON: UI selection mode

This is very much like the UI1, but with fixed default level and less count for action, I find it easier to use (at least for me).

It is supposed to be UI2.5(?) or shall I call it UI3? If it has good response, I may just keep this UI alone in the light without having UI1. This will give me back some flash ROM space which I can use for some other features in future.

There is provision in the pcb design to reflash the firmware without pulling the PIC out of the soldered board. But practically it involves you to send the board or sandwich to cgpeanut for him to reprogram the PIC.

You may want to sweet talk to him and offer him a huge fee besides the shipping to see if he is interested in doing so.

-- dj