Another happy camper with P90 and RCR123

Warhoggie

Enlightened
Ok, just received my Rechargable CR123 batteries from batteryspace.com Surprisingly, the batteries are fully charged. (Tested with DMM)

Offhand, I am happy that it works. However, compared to the Surefire P60-lamp+6P, the 6P is still brighter than P90-lamp+6P.

This is expected I guess, as the P90 is a 9 volt lamp, and the rechargables only totals to around 7.2 volts - 8 volts.

Also tried one R-123 in my L4, with a dummy, and it works...seems half as bright of course.

Now I don't feel bad for wasting away electricity. I'll have to test run time next.

Many thanks to whoever came up with this setup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something isn't right. That P90 w/R123s' should be just as bright as if it was running stock. The P90 is actually a 7.35V lamp, not a true 9V. I am very close to ordering the same batteryspace.com setup, but now I wan't to get more info on this problem.

Warhoggie

Enlightened
Good point KDog3, but then the same could be said for the P60 lamp, not beening true 6 volt. So that might explain why the P60 on regular 123(6 volts slightly overdrive?) would still seem brighter than the P90 with rechargeable-123 (7.2v slightly underdrive?)

larryk

Enlightened
The P90 on 2 rechargeable 123's should be much brighter than the P60 on 2 regular 123's. Are you sure the batteries were charged when you got them ? A charged R123 should read approximately 4.18 volts. All the batteries I received from Batteryspace needed to be charged. Or by chance are you comparing it to a P61 LA ? Larry.

Warhoggie

Enlightened
Ok,guys, I'm charging 'em up now, and will do another comparison again. But yeah, it was a P60 to a P90

Bad news, just pop my E1E bulb will one rechargeable after it was down to 3.5 volts. Thought it would handle it...oops I was wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warhoggie

Enlightened
FYI

Since I instant flash the E1e lamp assembly, I decided to tear it apart and see if i can somehow salvage the assembly with another bulb. After some tinkering around, with a solder iron, dremel drill, and some shrink wrap, I got a streamlight scropion bulb to fit in the E1e assembly. It works great with one rechargeable RCR123 battery.

E1e new lamp cost $15. Scropion bulb cost about $4.50 More brighter beam too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif