edc LED

suertetres

Newly Enlightened
WOW, I would have never thought so much went into flashlights, (coming from someoen 2 months ago thought maglight was the best)

I currently have teh Photon II white as my EDC with my surefire in my truck or with me ifi'm camping/hunting. I'm looing for a edc led light that is teh brightest and shows true white, i guess it's caled snow white. My biggest complaint about LED lights are the blue tint that some give off. Is it cheaper ligths give the blue tint or old led lights. I found an old brinkmon 1 led and it is horrible blue, almost that i don't have to use the blue filter that came with it.

I don't want to spend too much on this, maybe less then 40 or 50, prefably the least amount possible, the wife doesn't understand my recent obsession with purchasing flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT:
I'm not planning on replacing the photon, just supplementing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
You might consider a Peak Matterhorn with "snow" LEDs. I have one of the 3 LED models and it is one of the whitest lights in my collection. Or, if you're willing to wait a bit, the new Arc AAA should be very bright and white. Both will be in your price range.

Geoff

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
You might consider a Peak Matterhorn with "snow" LEDs. I have one of the 3 LED models and it is one of the whitest lights in my collection. Or, if you're willing to wait a bit, the new Arc AAA should be very bright and white. Both will be in your price range.

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD. Killer light! even the 1xLED ultra power is brighter then this type of light i have seen, and has real throw. machined great, fantastic quality. VDG

Latest posts