nobody have Longbow stuff in stock???

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I checked a few companies here but none of them have booster head (longer throw?), ECO tube, ECO in stock for the normal price. either they have the ECO and not the tube or they have the booster head and not ECO...

what gives? are they really that hot that everyone buy it the first few days they restock them?

H_Alpha

Newly Enlightened
I got a couple of ECO tubes (and tailcap and glass lenses) from TKGEAR. They are not on the website, but just e-mail Brian. He's a super guy to deal with.
[email protected]
www.tkgear.tk
Only source I found for the booster head was Longbow. They did not have any ECO tubes in stock, but a few weeks ago they were talking about having some in 6 weeks. If you want to wait, you may get lucky and find both an ECO tube and booster head from the same source.
http://www.longbowonline.com/

Additional accessories that I found useful were:
- MiniMag filter kit -- fits the normal heads.
- Surefire F04 filter makes a good diffuser for the normal size heads
- Telescopic sight - flip up covers can be found to fit the booster head (about 40mm outside diameter).
- 1/4" camera lanyards can be found online or at most camera stores.

A lot of the places I contacted never had the accessories in stock -- just had them on the websites in anticipation of getting some.

The one thing I never got an answer on was an inexpensive belt clip, although there is a $25 Ti version available.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, I am going to get a boosterhead and clip. I tried to special of order a boosterhead from Bugoutgearusa, hopefully it comes in.

-David

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
H_Alpha said:...1/4" camera lanyards can be found online or at most camera stores...

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean a lanyard with a 1/4" camera type thread like that on the Micra. I've had some problems finding these. If you can dig up a link, I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to CPF, by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

H_Alpha

Newly Enlightened
Lux - thanks for the welcome, but I've been lurking around a lot longer than is healthy for my wallet. (My philosophy is: If you find something you like ... buy at least two!)

Anyway, a little off topic, but sources for tiny 1/4" lanyards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif include:
- berkeley point has a coiled cord, but it's $25. Haven't tried this one. http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/tools/mct3.html
- KALT made a nice nylon wrist strap, but these are getting hard to find.
- CANON made a cheap vinyl strap that is easily removed from the nice chrome plated 1/4" swivel connector.

Best bet is to try a camera shop that has used equipment -- I got the CANON one for a couple of $.
An example of these (that looks kinda cheap though) is:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/product/101152/GBSW5/REG/283
The connector is usually referred to as a 1/4-20 tripod mount (1/4" -- 20 is the thread size).

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the information. I'm always looking to enhance my micras. They're so darn modular, you can do almost anything with them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You guys will like the booster head. I use one for longer range spotting on a micra with twisty, and it isn't too short to grip (you just grip the whole light including the head). It's a great little pocket rocket. The only real drawback is that you will probably have to spend some time aligning the optic correctly. But once you do it, you don't really need to mess with it, and it's easy to repeat once you get the hang of it.