LED use at local theater

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Last night I went to see a movie - as I turned on my Turquoise ARC AAA to check my wristwatch - I created a real stir.

Several people wanted to know what kind of light I had & where to buy it -- and several others were pi$$ed off and told me to turn it off or leave!

PS- it was during a boring part of Harry Potter.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Better buy one of those "traser" lit watches or you might get yourself thrown out next time.Especially during Harry Potter.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Try using red or blue, might not cause such a stir.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Hmm.... never thought about it, but a movie theatre would be a good place to bring that CMG Infinity I almost never use, since I got I got a white and turquoise Arc-AAA, and now the Arc-LE, which goes with me *everywhere*

If you think an Arc-AAA would cause a stir in a crowded movie theatre, imagine what happened when I realized my hat wasn't in my lap, and I used a SF 6P to look for it. It was on for maybe one second, but what a lot of trouble it caused.....
blush.gif
grin.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Has any one *accidentally* used a M6 in a cinema? That'd be quite funny..
grin.gif

Next thing you know, under the sign that says no laser pointers will be no torches allowed.
tongue.gif

YC

GeoffChan

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Has any one *accidentally* used a M6 in a cinema? That'd be quite funny.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've used a 6Z with a turbo head in a cinema once and even shone it at the screen

Geoff

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
Hmm.... never thought about it, but a movie theatre would be a good place to bring that CMG Infinity I almost never use, since I got I got a white and turquoise Arc-AAA, and now the Arc-LE, which goes with me *everywhere*
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the Infinity is the one I bring to theaters to read with while waiting for the film to start. It's just the right brightness -- the ARC is really too bright for that.

Frankly, it's about the only thing I use the Infinity for...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Abbie hoffman used to advocate bringing flashlights to movie theaters, only he would cover the lense with black tape and carve out the letters "BULLS**T" backwards so one could project one's opinion onto the screen at all the appropiate places
grin.gif
grin.gif
Imagine if they had M-6's back then? he could've projected the whole communist manifesto or something!...
smile.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
Abbie hoffman used to advocate bringing flashlights to movie theaters, only he would cover the lense with black tape and carve out the letters "BULLS**T" backwards so one could project one's opinion onto the screen at all the appropiate places
grin.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
-I remember that...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
There's a Photon with the LED surrounded by a raised plastic ridge so that the only light is directed forward in a controlled pattern. Forgot what it's called, but might do the trick. If it's on a Type 3 Photon you can also select beam intensity

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Those lights are called Photon Covert. Both the Photon I and III can be bought in the Covert design.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
There's a Photon with the LED surrounded by a raised plastic ridge so that the only light is directed forward in a controlled pattern. Forgot what it's called, but might do the trick. If it's on a Type 3 Photon you can also select beam intensity<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

What about taking Stingmon's green laser oen to the show!
shocked.gif

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if Stingmon can light a cigarette off of the mean green laser - like he does with his Legend LX ??
confused.gif

James

Status
Not open for further replies.