What are your Quirks?

Bradlee

Enlightened
I figured it would be interesting to hear (if anyone is actually willing to share) what kind of strange and unusual quirks (as opposed to typical quirks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) everyone has.

Just a start: I *have to* back-in wherever I am driving. I hate driving into a spot (and thus being forced to back out); it really bothers me when I am forced to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif.

I also wear my watch on my right hand despite being right-handed; this must confuse overly-observent people.

Anybody else?

-Brad

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Very strange. I also tend to back in a parking spot. And, I wear my watch on my right hand, but I am left-handed. I don't think I'd call these "quirks". Probably my biggest quirk is visiting this forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Geoff

Topper

Flashaholic*
Re: What are you\'re Quirks?

I hate being touched. Pat on the back,light punch on the arm
arm around my neck can lead to real bad things. I will never touch you, why in heck do you think you can touch me.
Touching is a personal thing touching is also a pecking order thing I do not wish to play. I have a real deal problem with that. My Son can, my Wife can I get real unhappy if other folks do,most folks I have worked with for 26 years know that. My Wife has pals over at times and when I am dumb enough to be there I get hugged. I hate that not real sure if that is a quirk but I hate it, it brings out bad stuff in me. Shaking hands is not a problem just
other stuff. Hey, hows that for honest.
Topper

greenLED

Flashaholic

Topper, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif J/K

I count seconds while doing random stuff. It's not that I want to remember how long it takes to do something, it's just that I... I don't know, I just do the one-Mississippi, two-Mississippi... very often

In case you're wondering, the stoplights in my city flash yellow for 3.3 seconds... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My brother won't step on the cracks that are between sidewalk "boards". Now, *that's* weird.

code09

Enlightened

hahaha i think this is one hell of a thread...'
I wanna hear more! In the meantime, i'll think of some of my own *quirks*

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gotta disagree with Bradlee. Backing into parking spots is NOT a quirk, it is a very logical and intelligent way to park (i.e. you're not just different Bradlee, you're better than they are..) . When you back in, people see your car in motion and keep notice of it while you're backing in. No one is likely to walk in front of it (i.e. behind it as you're backing) unknowingly because you've been moving the whole time and they know where you're going.

When you head out to leave, you get a real good view in front before you make the "sudden" (to others who didn't know you're leaving) move forward. It is much safer than backing out, where you can't see well in the direction you're going to "suddenly" move. If you have a big car, then the car is also more maneuverable moving backwards than forwards. It's why we were taught to parallel park by backing into a spot rather than going forward into it.

By definition, quirks are often not perceived by the person with the quirk so I can't think of any for me (besides the flashlight/gun/knife/toy thing...) which isn't explainable as a manifestation of basic human nature, i.e. sloth, gluttony, greed, lust (in my mind only..happily maried...), etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
I count seconds while doing random stuff. It's not that I want to remember how long it takes to do something, it's just that I... I don't know, I just do the one-Mississippi, two-Mississippi... very often

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! (except without the Mississippi part)

I also count my steps when I walk some place. I don't do it on purpose, it just happens subconciously.

Topper

Flashaholic*

Humm ,no Quirks Mr. NERDGINEER? Good for you. Bradlee is OK
by me, Moe thinks this is funny; GreenLED knowing full well how I feel about "feeling" and goes for the head shot with the group hug thingy. What can I say? Good job GreenLED
Moe good to see your having fun I like how your website is growing. Bradlee good post should be lots of fun. Most fun I have had in a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

<font color="red"> I have no quirks! </font>

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif or is being certain ya have none a QUIRK ...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey Topper.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon11.gif.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif... Just kidding bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*

No problem Beamhead (Topper wonders "What kind of a Momma would name her kid Beamhead" go figure) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(be nice heck his name is beamhead give him a break)
(anybody get that? or just me)
I do not normally post this late kids across the street are having a party so I'm on Watch/Blind them call the moms
duty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif M6, 2 M4's And THOR 10MILLION CP ready to rock.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

You win Topper! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

My Mother's name is Blockhead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I asked my wife what quirks I have she just /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and confirmed that I have no quirks......but lots of "ISSUES" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Topper, I think the touching problem is quite common. I'm not very fond of it either.

MaxaBaker, you cannot walk very far, or you must counting very fast or walk very slow. ..7436, 7437, 7438...

I'm just full of quirks, the most strange one must be dance walking. However, I doesn't do it very often.

Sigbjoern

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

I was thinking that when people touch you, they are showing they like you. But that's just me. I would never deliberately make contact with a (non-familial) person I did not like.

Quirks? Well, sometimes after a long day I like to smell my socks after I take'em off.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Bradlee

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Quirks? Well, sometimes after a long day I like to smell my socks after I take'em off.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"Whatever floats your boat, Mr Bulk." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Interesting stuff. Keep it comming.

Bradlee

Enlightened

I thought of a couple more I have:

When I eat, I ALWAYS leave "the best for last", no exceptions. For example when I would eat all my peas, then all my potatoes THEN my meat. Or when I eat spaghetti, I eat the noodles first and then save all the sauce and ground beef for last (this can be tricky).

Also I never wear clothing with logos on them. My entire 'wardrobe' of clothing consists of plain shorts and pants and solid coloured shirts. One girl in my class offered to take me shopping a while ago; I guess she figured I was poor and couldn't afford 'fancier' clothing. I guess you could say, though, I don't want to be branded by corporate advertising.

-Brad

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll never eat kfc, seafood *outside*, any food that requires bare hands.
I eat with a fork and 1 hand.
I also drive reversed in to a parking spot, do it everyday.
I stick my nose real close to a light when changing batteries.
I prefer to poo at home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-vince.

Greta

Flashaholic

Ok... I have to address the "touching" thing. I'm one of those dreaded "touchy" people... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Yes, I do hugs... (ask Cyclops... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)... and often, I will touch a person when I'm talking to them. When I leave work every day, I go down the line and touch each of my co-workers on the back and say good bye. It's not an aggressive thing... I just lay my hand on their back as I'm walking by and say good bye for the day. When I'm talking to customers at the window, taking in a new script or whatever, I will often just reach out and touch their hand. Again, nothing aggressive or even prolonged... just a brief, gentle "connection". Perhaps it is the nature of my job and the people that I deal with all day but it really does seem to make a difference with them. More of them than not seem to really NEED that connection. And now I even have several customers who come to the drop off window and give me a hug or touch my hand... and they are just saying hello... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quirks? I always have to tell my husband, children and parents that I love them whenever I say good bye to them... whether on the phone or in person. Don't know if it will be the last time I talk to them or see them. Once when I dropped my husband off at the airport in Munich, I forgot to tell him that I loved him and had to run back into the airport and chase him down just to tell him. 'Course the German security guards with their automatic rifles didn't quite get this "quirk" of mine... and I did have a little trouble finding him... but in the end, I did... and I do believe he did roll his eyes at me when I just said to him, "I forgot to tell you I love you... ok... bye!"... and I ran off... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prescottrecorder

Newly Enlightened

Count me in on the "counting" thing. Usually it's in groups of ten though and only when I'm doing something boring like walking to the car across the parking lot or going to the bathroom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Plus, for some reason, I thread my belt through the loops the wrong direction and carry my wallet in the wrong back pocket.

All my musician friends are big huggers but the engineer friends don't want to be touched. Gotta keep track of which group I'm in at all times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deanster

Enlightened

I'm with Sasha - also a 'touchy' person, though I tone it down with other men I don't know well, as many are uncomfortable. Big on hand-shaking, though. I tend to think we're very distant from each other, and a little moment of positive connection is important.

Plus I just like hugging women. They're so... nice.

On other fronts, I'm the most mellow, casual guy you'd ever meet. Nothing bugs me.

Except....

the knives in the knife block MUST be in their correct slots. Grabbing the wrong knife in the middle of cooking makes me crazy.

and I'm really particular about how fruits and vegetables are sliced. There's a way I prefer them for various uses. Not quite sure how it came about, but I really like salads better when things are the 'right' shape and size.

I've been with my wife 13 years, and she's still trying to understand the matrix. I don't know how to explain that if a salad has cherry tomatoes, thin diagonal carrot slices are best, but if it's a medium-sized tomato, sliced vertically into wedges (six per tomato please), then it should be baby carrots, but if it's a large tomato chunked, then the carrots should be grated, etc., etc.

I don't get mad or unhappy when the veggies aren't done 'right', but I do get a little wistful.

Mostly I make the salads now.