Geeks? GEEKS?!?!?!?!

LukeK

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
rofl ive been called worse

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I'd have to second that. I don't see anything wrong with it.

nethiker

Enlightened
I don't think they are aware of the definition of "geek". It would be a mistake to ridicule a bunch of elite class product purchasing potential customers as socially inept. Perhaps they thought it to be a compliment. Whatever the reason, it seems to have worked, they have sold out of the product.

Greg

DrJ

Enlightened
Well another of the definitions listed is:

"A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken."

Sounds just about equivalent to someone that spends $200 (or more) for a flashlight (batteries not included) and then goes out in their backyard (or uses their garage door) to show it off to their family and friends, doesn't it?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I take it as a compliment when somebody calls me a "geek".
But I don't use a leaky pocket protector with a blue ink stain under it on my shirt or lab coat, nor do I use eyeglasses with first-aid tape across the bridge or holding one of the earpieces on.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I also take "geek" as a compliment. I think it's meaning has transformed over the years. It used to be a demeaning term but now it means something like the Tech Elite. I'll take that any day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
Sorry honey my geeky arm and fist knocked you down,not me dear?? not sure just a guess. 25 years married no geek type problems so far.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:
Humm, well, what do you say when your own wife calls you a geek?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, I say "Yes, Dear?"

Of course my wife is a geek too, so that goes both ways.

Daniel

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say that it would be better to refer to "Expert" analysis. Being called names doesn't bother me, though, I don't take it as an insult or a compliment. Just a statement.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Geologist said:
what - nobody else here bites of the heads of chickens for fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to mention that but decided against it cause I didn't want to gross anybody out! Too late. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Geologist said:
what - nobody else here bites of the heads of chickens for fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, it's not all it's cracked up to be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JackBlades

Enlightened
TAD is in the middle of the Silicon Valley, AKA Geekland. I've met all the guys from there including the owner Patrick, and can assure you it is meant as a compliment to those who know about such things! His site is chock full of Geek Goodies!