info on flashlight.....

timmyg

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody have information on the following flashlight:

Triple 3 Watt LED Flashlight ( 3X 3 Watt Luxeon LED 240 lumens)

Part#: N2FX-TM801X_3
I just ordered this light from amondotech.com and beyond their website, I have found no other information.

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Search Shykuang.com and you will find more info on "index 6" in their website.But it is rated to 60-120 and 180 Lumen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
timmyg

It is a nice light I have one. It is nowhere near 240 lumens on 3D batteries. It is underdriven to maximize LED life and battery run time. Un fortunately with 3 D batteries it is not much brighter the the 3x1 watt.
Call them back and tell them you want to order the special instead.
It has the 3x3 watt + 3x1 watt + 1 mod kit for using 4 NiMH rechargeables (batteries not included) for $125. See link below.

AmondoTech Specials page

Then use the first mod kit as a pattern to make the second mod kit and you will have two real bright lights for the price of one. Or you could mod the 3x3 watt and keep the 3x1 watt as a very long running emergency light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SimplyJ

Newly Enlightened
I have this light. I got mine from Wayne at Elektrolumens. It set me back $120 a few months ago. The light functions close to the advertised specs if you use the 4C cell mod. Otherwise with 3D cells it's not too impressive, but you do get longer runtimes from D cells though.

This flashlight is more flood than spot. Also the tints of the Luxeons are not consistent. Mine has one greenish LED, one light bluish LED, and one white LED. The body itself is very well made with no major visible defects. The only concern I have about the body is that the lanyard string that connects on the bottom seems very thin to me in relation to the weight of the flashlight itself. You may want to refrain from swinging the light around by it's lanyard!

Not a bad light. But I wish I had waited a while before buying mine from Wayne. He recently unloaded the last of his 3X3 Turbos at $50!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

drizzle

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ZeissOEM2 said:
Search Shykuang.com...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to save others from having to google shykuang to find the url, it is actually:
http://www.shykuang.com.tw

Now, for some fun window shopping (er, monitor shopping?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit:
After looking at this site and amondotech.com I'm confused.

At Shykuang, they give the same lumen output whether you buy the 3 D cell version or the 4 D Cell version (180 lumens for all three LED's on). At the amondotech they show 240 lumens for the 3 D cell version.

Could it be that the 4 D cell version really should be 240 lumens and that amondotech somehow grabbed that number and applied it to their 3 D cell flashlight?

Someday I will get a life and not worry about things like this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
drizzle,

The reason the AmondoTech site says up to 240 lumens is because that is what the box says. Wayne at AmondoTech got and marketed these based on Nuwai's claims. After he got the lights he felt Nuwai was being misleading to put up to 240 lumens on the box so he started the Special.

The light has a very tight spot that has a nice throw with 4 C's. It also has a nice bright corona that gives the flood effect.

It is not a bad light with 3 D's. It is just not worth double the price of the 3x1 watt when it is nearly as bright.
Here is a link to AmondoTech's original special thread. I did before and after lux readings at one meter on both lights and posted them in this thread.

AmondoTech Special

Added section-
To get maximum brightness out of these lights your really need to run 4 NiMH rechargeables.