How many veterans do we have here?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which war? Vietnam right? Well of course Im not a veteran.

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
We have quite a large contingent of former military including our illustrious leader in her 5" pumps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered if I qualified or not... guess that answers that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
To all that have served our nation THANK YOU!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

L

LITEmania

1983-1986 DMZ...North/South Korea... Dang COLD in Winter.
(Every Korean Men must serve for 26-28 months in military service.)

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm no veteran. But my brother served in the infantry in Vietnam.

He is one of the ones that came home, tried to re-integrate, got married, divorced in 90 days, became suicidal and later simply walked away from his CPA/law practice and never contacted his family ever again (over 25 years ago).

We later found out that he had moved to Wyoming and was living in the mountains by himself cutting firewood.

Memorial Day is always a bittersweet experience for me.

Honor for those that are willing to make the final sacrifice in service of their fellow citizens...and disappointment at the way our politicians sometimes squander that noble drive to serve. Not all casualties die on the battle field, sometimes the payment comes due years later. War truly should be our last resort...it isn't always though.

Thank all of you that did (and are) serving.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
ikendu said:
He is one of the ones that came home, tried to re-integrate, got married, divorced in 90 days, became suicidal and later simply walked away from his CPA/law practice and never contacted his family ever again (over 25 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I'm sorry to hear this. PTSD is treatable but the individual needs to recognize when outside help is needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW, I should clarify that I'm not a veteran. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

hyeTotum

Newly Enlightened
Dominican Invasion.
Cuban Boatlift.
Nam.

Best Wishes to all Vets! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

newo

Newly Enlightened
USAF. Commissioned. Desert Storm.

Pentagon.

Other places.

And the dread "Data Masked" stuff.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ikendu, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. You mentioned you found out what he was doing, did you ever have contact with him? My mom tells stories of her brother, my uncle who died when I was an infant. He served in the Korean war. He gained rank quickly and I think was some sort of platoon leader. Amongst other things, he had many fallen comrads die in his arms. He came back from the war and drank himself to death before the age of 40. One of the things he did was keep it inside and didn't really pour out what he experienced until he was on his death bed.

I think every US veteran of a foreign war should at the very minimum receive a pension for life from the US government.

Good speech by Andy Rooney tonight on 60 minutes. These people didn't "give their lives", they had it taken away from them.