Good single 123/AA hosts for modding?

Enlightened
Does anyone know of some good single cell 123/AA hosts for modding? Ideally the host would have a good reflector or be able to accept a 20mm reflector. I would like to try to mod one of these using a drop in pill. I have used some CNC-123's and like those a lot but I would like to use a slightly larger reflector if possible. Any suggestions???
Thanks,
Chris

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
If I remember correctly, a 20mm can fit in the Nuwai QIII. You can just buy a QI since it is cheaper and they are the same size.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Minimags, C and D cell mags, Dorcy boards are very helpful if you need any kind of converter board although the Dorcy board wont work with certain set ups. Forgot which...

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
.308... i've modded a CNC 123 to fit a 20IMS.. the bezel of course did not screw on completely, but i think that the upcoming groovy bezel is a perfect match for that particular mod.. i.e. putting the 'groovy' bezel on a CNC123 will give the extra length to fit an IMS20..

To get it to fit you need to shave all the legs off the reflector and do a little bit of grinding inside near the 'goesout'.. i just used a dremel.. the original bezel will do the trick but you see the threads, so at least you could have something that works 'til you could work out a deal with photonfanatic to get a bezel from a groovy.

You could see if there are any LionCubs left :-D.. that comes with an IMS 20 : (i'm kidding).

seriously .. if you have CNC123s and IMS20s.. try making one fit.. send a PM to photonfanatic and see if he'd be able to make a groovy bezel available to you.. maybe an over-run or something once they production is done on those lights.

-awr

Enlightened
Thanks everyone. andrewwynn that is more along the lines of what I was looking for. Thanks for the info.
Chris