Besides a button cell, I think carrying a flashlight on a keyring is a:

• Sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok.. I put down always but I can't put up old glory here, because it would insult the locals and there patriotism to there country.

but when I'm back in the states it's an always thing everyday.

doug

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Absolutely and "most other days" as well!! Have a "permanent" one hanging in the living room window too!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's interesting that for the last 23 years I was the only one in our neighborhood and of the few in the city who always flew the flag on: Veteran's, Flag, Memorial, Independence, Martin Luther King, and Labor Days. By noon on 9/11 our flag was out - it took days for others to catch on.

Since 9/11 and the war in Iraq many more people now fly the flag daily...but the nation still ignores the sacrifices our soldiers have made by not voting in every election. Besides our soldiers an informed and active participant in our democracy is my definition of a real patriot.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put the flag out whenever I can, when the weather is good as I don't have a good setup for bad weather.

If anybody is interested, there's a very good essay on the flag written by the mother of a slain soldier in Fallujah. You can read it here.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I was forced into sometimes. We moved and I have not installed a flag holder yet. My real deal Home built to my wifes blueprints had a real deal flag pole Old Glory every day. I need to get up and buy a flag holder.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
When I lived downtown, I'd fly the flag on every flag-flying occasion; and for a month or so following the 09-11-01 terrorist attacks as well.

There's no flagpole or other receptacle here though, so this will be the first Memorial Day I have not flown the flag in who knows how many years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
For some reason "people" in England seem to disapprove of flagflying. That's the feeling I get anyway.
Normally it is only done for sporting events - perhaps mostly football (dictonary: "soccer") or such event in which we are doing uncharacteristically well.

I personally think displaying your colours (be that your National Flag, Coat of Arms, Community Colours etc) is a great thing. We wear logos of fashion and mulitnationals but a Union Jack or St George's Cross is somehow not acceptable?

I want a lapel pin with the USA & UK flags. I'd wear it along with a SureFire pin in support of those fighting for us.

I think we Brits are perhaps secretly jealous that Americans can be so patriotic.

Al

Topper

Flashaholic*
I made a make shift holder and Old Glory is flying on the deck I feel more better. Al, I was suprised at your post. I always thought the whole "Coat of Arms" thing was admirable and envisioned all Englishmen would be flying thier colors.
Guess that makes me stupid for assuming anything about anyone as a whole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I should know better.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been flying the flag everyday for about for about 5 years. I took it down for a few days because of hurricane Ivan.
BTW, the best prices I've found for quality flags is www.vfw.org They also sell a swivel kit that really works well. Go to the VFW store at www.patrioticware.com

Al. You always are a good chap. Bless you for your patriotism

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
The_LED_Museum,
You can buy a small one and hang it in your window.
I have seen people hang ones they printed from there computer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
My flag became lost or left behind when I moved last October, so I don't even have a flag to fly. The best I can do is go to Mr. Larry's tomorrow morning and see if they have a smaller one and if I have the money to buy it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep this hanging in my living room, 365 days a year.

dsc003775mw.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
If you need a flag temporarily, here's a site with flags to print. They even have one large enough that it takes six sheets to print it. Or, if you want, they even have single sheet sized ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have a printer, but thank you for furnishing that link anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
in my other house i flew it every day.but i have to find out the rules here.and install a pole holder once i find if im alowed to

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My next door neighbours have a flag flying all the time, except for perhaps the worst weather months (December, January, and February). But I cannot yet confirm they take it down during that period.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just came back from Mr. Larrys with a flag, and wasted no time in putting it in the living room window. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif