Trilogy fatigue

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I finally got around to seeing Episode III last night.

My feelings on it are somewhat similar to how I felt after seeing Return of the King and The Matrix: Revolutions - a vague sense of relief that it's over. I quite likely won't be seeing it again in theaters.

I'm somewhat enthusiastic about seeing Return of the King again on DVD. I'm not sure I can say that about Episode III, nor Revolutions.

Thoughts?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Apparently Mr. Lucas was suffering from similar fatigue. During a recent TV interview he admitted that he had trouble cranking it out, sometimes producing only a page of script in a day. I'm guessing he's relieved that it's over also.

drizzle

Enlightened
I haven't seen Ep. III yet but from what I've heard the script is about the weakest part of the whole movie. I guess Lucas's fatigue affected it.

As for LOTR, I own all three Extended Editions. A couple of weeks ago I decided to watch all three back to back...or at least until I had had enough. That's 11 hours running time.

Now, I have read the books and really like the movies but I never thought I would sit still long enough to watch them all in a row. Well, I did. Aside from the very end of the last movie, which I never have liked much anyway, I was just as into the movies as I ever have been. I have to say, they still stand out to me as very long movies that don't feel like they are very long.