Inova Getting Aggressive Going After LEO/MIL Mkt.

cslinger

Enlightened
I am a gun guy so of course I read many gun publications. Typically Surefire pretty much has an advertising lock in these magazines with some small advertising going to some players like Tac-Star etc. Streamlight usually advertises there firearm lights or does pretty well in LEO type publications. Well I was perusing a recent firearm magazine and what do I see but a full page color advertisement for the Inova T series.

It's nice to see somebody new go after the big boys so to speak and I think Inova really has a chance since they offer a lot of product for the money and I can attest to the fact that they are super tough lights that will keep on running. They will not look as good a Surefire after abuse but they will work.

Kudo's to Inova. I really like there products.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
My friend on the local police department now carries an Inova T2. He says it is bright enough to shine into cars when approaching at night.

He is very happy with his and my T2 is awesome.

Bradlee

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cslinger said:
They will not look as good a Surefire after abuse but they will work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious why not? They are both type-3 hard anodized, and thus should be equally durrable (should they not?). Is it because the black HA will show more clearly the aluminum underneath if it were to get chipped?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Inova Getting Aggressive Going After LEO/MIL M

Only a few of my Inovas are HA3 - the others are really easy to scratch. Don't know about the T series, though..

Ozric

Newly Enlightened

AFAIK the entire T series has type-3 hard anodized coating.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

They also say Made in USA with an American flag next to it on their website, but get to the bottom of the page (for their tactical series lights) and it says (in small letters of course) "Made in USA with US and imported components." That ain't cool. They should be up front with that. What components are made here and which ones' were made by a severly underpaid person?

Size15's

Flashaholic

I was under the impression that all Luxeons LEDs were made outside the USA.

Al

CyByte

Newly Enlightened

Inova is one of the few companies I know of that make high quality lights that are made in the US of A /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure Surefire is made in the USA as well..

cslinger

Enlightened

Inova's HAIII is a little thin and the black does show where more than the gray.