rechargeable Led trouble light

Kilowatt

Newly Enlightened
can anyone offer any advise on these? I have done a search and nothing found, maybed I didnt search the right place. Is there anyone out there using these, do you like them what are the pro's and con's? Thank you for all your input.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
You referrring to a drop light for automotive work? Motor week reviewed one a while back that was cordless. It was directional, but it generated no heat. He also recommended an inovia x5 for short range work. Craig Johnson has reviewed a flood like utility light that used like a few hundred leds to give a flood of light. I do not believe it was recharagable.

Energizer makes a power failure light that I use as a trouble light. Its rather dim and nice to know i get 80 hours of light waitin for me when the power fails.

mrme

Enlightened
As nice as an LED light sounds for car repair, nothing beats a 100 watt incadescent bulb in a droplight with a powder coated steel reflector.

Cordless might be handy for on the side of the road kind of repairs, though.

I saw a link to a light similar to waht are describing a headlamp thread a few months ago. The topic was something about using the ideal headlamp for car repair.

wtraymond

Enlightened
A bunch of guys at my work bought these from the local Snap-On dealer for $100 each. Though I've seen them on eBay for $69+shipping. They are 30 LED cordless rechargeable task lights called Freedom-Lites. The Bayco is essentially the same but a completely different manufacturer and hopefully higher quality.

The Freedom-Lite is small, light-weight, and convenient, but lacks sufficient light output especially for $100. It's cordless convenience is it's only real strong point. A $20 corded flourescent or $15 incandescent drop-light is immeasurably brighter than this LED set-up. Several of the guys had problems with the LEDs burning out if the light is in use while charging.

This would be a great light if it were brighter and cost about $50. This would be a great project for someone with a bunch of 26,000s sittin' around - or some old Luxs.