Li-Ion batteries for Petzl Tikka Plus

m1

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I've recently purchased a Petzl Tikka Plus headlamp (4 LEDs).
After using it for a while (approx. 1 hour) the light intensity started to decrease very quickly.
It still works but the light is only about half as bright as it had been before.

Can I run this lamp on Li-ion batteries to get more output and a longer runtime?

thanks
Tom

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but you have to do some work on it. Look for a cellphone's cell which fits into it (get an inexpensive from ebay and a charger).
And do not forget to tell us the result .-)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you are using alkalines try using nimh instead as they have a flatter voltage curve. I don't know what type of batteries the light has, I am guessing perhaps 3AAAs, I have a cellphone pack that is about the size of 3AAAs but the output isn't huge rather about 700-800mah instead.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you guys think three nimh batteries will work, why can't we just use ONE AAA li-ion battery in there? I'm sure the runtime will be lousy but it will be much lighter and probably just as bright.

Mark

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you can get one to fit properly with larger capacity it should work similarly as nimh cells would. I am not sure how much lighter it would be since AAAs are small to begin with.