Help - Who'll ship a Surge internationally??

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Help - Who\'ll ship a Surge internationally??

As the title says.. (C) Brightnorm..
tongue.gif

Any suggestions most appreciated. I've mentioned under the Bright websites area that Brightguy (how many times can I fit "Bright" into this post I wonder?) doesn't ship internationally, and haven't found any others who appear to stock them.
I'm not too concerned about whether the price of it is a few dollars more or less, but shipping by USPS is preferred - some sites only ship internationally via Fedex or UPS, and I don't really want to pay $30-40 shipping on a $30 light..

thanks,

Graham

Gandalf

Enlightened
Re: Help - Who\'ll ship a Surge internationally??

If you can't find any other way to get one, I could order one, and ship it to you. The only problem is, how can you pay for it? I don't think I can deposit a check drawn on a foreign bank, and I've heard than even foreign money orders cannot always be processed; sometimes they can be, but with a stiff 'processing fee'. I know many sellers on E-bay manage international sales, but I don't know how the payment is transferred. I can't take a credit card payment, either.

If you can figure out how to pay for it, I'd be happy to get one and ship it to you. I'd recommend getting a spare lamp at the same time. From brightguy.com, a Surge plus a spare lamp would be $31.45, plus their shipping to me, which is generally pretty reasonable at $4 to $5. I have no idea how much international shipping via USPS costs. The light comes with batteries, 8 AA cells; it may cost more to ship them, than they are worth. Empty, my Surge weighs a hair over 5 oz.; but add the batteries, and it's almost 12 oz. Figure with the factory packaging and outer packaging, a little under a pound, I'd guess. If you want to figure out how to do this, I'll work this end, if there's no other way for you to get one.
cool.gif

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened

Gandalf

Shipping to Japan (Rate group 4 letter post) by way of US mail is roughly

$9.70 for 16 oz
$11.00 for 20 oz

This is according to the USPS chart. This is uninsured. I think insurance is $2.00 for 50 and under.

JB

Enlightened

Gandalf, you could try PayPal or Billpoint to help with payments. That's what a lot of e-bayers use.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gandalf,

Thanks for the offer. You are right though, payment would be difficult enough to make it probably not worth the trouble. I don't have a paypal account, either (Paypal doesn't like my credit card for whatever reason..)

If all else fails, I may use a mail forwarding service like Mailboxes etc - I've been thinking of signing up for one anyway, as its handy to be able to order things in the US from places that only ship locally.
Still, it would be good to find a reliable torch dealer who had a good range, and shipped economically.

Graham

Gandalf

Enlightened

It's too bad brightguy.com doesn't ship internationally. I've ordered *so many* flashlights and accessories from them. I tend to take for granted how easy it is for us in the USA to simply order most anything over the Internet; even imported items are pretty easy to find here, as almost anything worth selling is available *somehere* over the 'net, in the USA. I hope you can get it worked out; and let the rest of CPF know if you do, as this must be a relatively common problem for the members from outside the USA and Canada.
wink.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*

Funny that I emailed brightguy, since I wanted to know about prices and stuff. This is the response I got:

------------------------------------------
Ying,
The shipping charges are related to the weight of the order and the
shipping location. For a 2 lb package the shipping charges to Ausralia
will be approximately US$54. To Hong Kong the charges would be
approximately US$49. In some areas of Australia there is a $20 extended
area surcharge for some rural areas. Delivery is normally under 7 days.

Greg.
------------------------------------------

So do they or don't they?

YC

Size15's

Flashaholic

I'm not happy with PayPal right now. Just as well I paid Tim before I went to Dubai. PayPal restricted my account when I tired to access it out there and I've sent them the scans they asked for, and they've not got back to me.

The internet is a great place to shop (if you live in the USA)

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I was just at ebay and I saw mention of another service that sends a money order based on your emailed credit card info. But I forgot the darn name, and haven't relocated it yet .. something like "cardpay.com" -- but that's not it...
confused.gif
(edit) found it, it's called "bidpay" (.com) - gotta look into it..
smile.gif

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened

Ted - unfortunately, bidpay won't work outside of an auction. this is from their FAQs:

Q. Does BidPay.com handle transactions that are not auction related?
A. No

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yclo,

This is the mail I got after going through and actually placing an order at Brightguy's website (which includes fields for 'country'..)

Graham,
We currently do not ship outside of the United States. Sorry.

Greg.

Short and to the point. He says 'currently' implying that they may have at some point. Perhaps they had an unfortunate experience which made them stop. I just wish they said so on the website. It took them 2 days to email me though, which is annoying.

Graham

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal isn't an option, as I tried to register with them, but they didn't like my credit card details. I decided not to push it any further, based on the fairly large amount of negative comments about them on the web - mostly that they seem to like freezing accounts and not doing anything about it..

Graham

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

That sounds like a good option. I'll email him and see what he says..

Graham

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
Tim Flanagan could help you out me thinks.

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

funk

Enlightened

Have you contacted Princeton for a distributor in Japan? They must have one.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I finally got my PT Surge - TTS came through for me. I have to compliment them on the fast, good service.

The light itself is everything its made out to be - good, solid build and nice bright beam. Just have to wait about 8 hours for it to get dark now, so I can really play with it..

Graham

recercare

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
If you can't find any other way to get one, I could order one, and ship it to you. The only problem is, how can you pay for it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can send you an American Express Travel Cheque by mail. It's valid in all banks, no confirmations needed.