Verdict on BatterySpace R123s' and P90?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Verdict on BatterySpace R123s\' and P90?

There was a thread a long time ago discussing this same issue, one person said they would work great with a P90 in a C2, but another said it was only about as bright as a P60. THAT person was asked if they were confusing the P90 with a P61 but I don't think they ever replied. So does anyone have this setup (2 BatterySpace.com R123s' and a P90) and how does it work? I'm thinking of getting the kit Thursday when I get paid. Whats' your runtime? I know BugOutGear has a rechargeable "stick" coming out, but its going to be fairly expensive. The BatterySpace.com kit which is the charger and 4 batts is listed for about $19 right now. Seems like a better deal.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Verdict on BatterySpace R123s\' and P90?

Well I ordered them yesterday. I got the charger+4 batts deal plus 2 extra batts. Can't wait to get my paws on it...

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened

Kdog3 i'm lookin to do the same set up. Are the cells from batteryspace protected or unprotected? I'm not really in the mood to blow my room up if i'm not around to keep an eye on the charge.
Thanks
Adam

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

From what I understand, they are unprotected. They have a smart charger though....

blackeagle

Newly Enlightened

what input has the batteryspace charger?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I have one question. Does the Powerizer charger look suspiciously like the Chinese charger that is known to blow apart cells and burn itself up?

I don't want to yell 'fire in the theatre' but with the exception of the Chinese words on the case of the Chinese charger the Powerizer charger could be twins.

I look and keep track of a lot of chargers and cells. I'm just thinking safe.

I could be wrong.

Powerizer charger.

Chinese charger.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm. I hope youre wrong since I have it on the way!! Was it a big problem? Like lots of chargers going boom or just here and there?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
Also, it could of been the cells.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought the exact same setup from BatterySpace.com. The setup included the charger in question plus 4 RCR123a's. I have been using mine now for a month and I am happy to report that I have not experienced any problems. When the light turns green on the charger the cells measure 4.06v. If you would like to squeeze more capacity let it sit longer in the charger. I pull my cells when they read 4.10v which translates to sitting on the charger for 12 hours. Are there more efficient RCR123a chargers out there, you bet but for the money spent it was hard for me to pass up...

I hope this helps quell your fears?

Dave

Turboman7

Newly Enlightened

KDOG3,

What about using a "plug in timer" once you calculate the "charge time". That is wht I do for my UltraStinger. The manual says it requires a 10 hr charge. I don't have time to keep on top of it, so I just got one of those Intermatic plug in appliance timers and set it to go off at 10 hrs and it's done.
Never have to worry about overchaging. All my other chargers are the "smart" chargers, but I still use the "cut off" method just to be on the safe side.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't have the charger in question so I don't have any first hand experience with it. For 3.6V RCR123A cells I've been using a charger from AW that charges both protected and unprotected 17650, 18650 and RCR123A cells. I also use the Nano chargers.

I hope it is just the outside case on the BatterySpace charger that is the same. The problems with the Chinese Charger might be a 1 in a 100 problem.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Buy Battery Station's RCR123 charger. It is worth the $12.00 + shipping. Charges two cells up to 4.18 in about two hours, or less, depending on state of discharge. Battery Station sells good products, and I believe that they test their products.

Bill

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

While I did buy the combo charger & batteries, I also bought one of BatterySpace's Smart charger. It takes cells all the way up to 4.2V and it can handle 18650's as well. Rather than a 300 mA charge rate, it charges at 350 mA, and at a slightly higher voltage.

blackeagle

Newly Enlightened

I want to buy the batteryspace charger but the shipping to my coutry (italy) costs 20 $ !!!