light choice

brawnless

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Planning to purchase my first CR123A powered light. Would anyone have a beamshot comparison of Surefire U2, C2, L2 and A2?

Which would have a greater throw? C2 at 65 lumens or L2 at 100 lumens? Which would have a more intense center between the two?

How many lumens would the A2 have with red LEDs only? The bulb is rated at 50 lumens.

How many lumens would a camera flash have using 1 CR123A cell?

Thanks in advance!

Brawnless

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
ummm the camera flash is going to be different for just about every type of flash. depending on it's energy demand, size, shape, use etc. I would leave this part out of the comparison because I'm not sure how it helps in any way.

Topper

Flashaholic*
If I had to pick from the 4 lights mentioned and bear in mind of your picks I only own 2 (SF U2 and SF A2)however a C2 would be using the same lamp as a G2 or 6P (PM60/PM61)
I got several G2's a couple 6p's so of that bunch if I could just have one, my vote goes to the SF A2. I may missunderstand the "Flash" question so I will not even try to answer that one. My A2 has white LED's not the red.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhantomZ

Enlightened
if i'm correct, LEDs can not throw as far as incans can. the C2 will for sure outthrow the L2 like my 6P can Vs my L2. the L2 is more of a flood light compared to the C2.

i think the A2's red LEDs are 7 lumens??

brawnless

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CyByte said:
ummm the camera flash is going to be different for just about every type of flash. depending on it's energy demand, size, shape, use etc. I would leave this part out of the comparison because I'm not sure how it helps in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am considering if the light choices can be used as "tactical". camera flashes can cause "momentary blindness" depending on the light situation. i have seen more camera flash output than surefire light output so it would give more or less, a basic idea of how "bright" a tactical light should be.