Witch Luxeon configuration will shine brightest

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
If you take 2 3W Luxeons, a TX0J bin and a TX0K bin, witch one will shine brightest, if the following configuration is set up:

TX0J, Vt = 3.3V, I = 1 A
TX0K, Vt = 3.6V, I = 0.92A.

In both cases you would deliver 3.3W to the leds. Would one be brighter, and the other produce more heat?

Or put in another way:

Would these to configurations produce the same amount of light:

TX0J, Vt = 3.3V, I = 1 A
TX0K, Vt = 3.6V, I = 1 A.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will not be able to visibly see the difference in brightness. The T-flux can produce between 67.2 to 87.4 lumens so it will vary quite widely. More heat will come from the TX0K

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxeon lottery= they vary from batch to batch.
It is easier to get more Lux fdrom lower voltage bin.
But 3.6 volt Bin runs better on direct drive matching rechargable battery voltage better without drivers or resistors.

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
It is easier to get more Lux fdrom lower voltage bin.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was something like that I was after. I am going to drive my flashlight with a Downboy 1000 mA, and was wondering if I should go for a TX0J or a TX0K.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahh if its a CURRENT control curcuit, then the one that pushes more watts through, should put out more juice.
so if stuck at a max of 1000ma, and the curcuit, has enough in voltage to run the higher voltage one, i would rather have the one that ran at the higher voltage, cause then more power in general will be going to it.

the exact opposite of what he said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

but on the other hand, a more sensitive gate, triggers faster, and is more likely to have at least as good of, light Per watt.

ahh its all relative :) i think i would agree with the lower voltage one, cause being less watts it will run cooler, and eventually they will run about the same anyways after its been burned in.

also the lower voltage one would be better as soon as your batteries, or the total curcuit voltage (they do have drop) went lower. just depends on what your Starting with.

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
Maybe someone with a light meter could try it out - I mean one is theory, another is practice...