Looking to purchase Tactical light & 123A charger

ouch_its_bright

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, just found this forum and looking forward to learning.

I use a Streamlight Scorpion and a Twintask in my daily work life but looking for a good Tactical flashlight to use as a self-defense tool. Thinking of the Surefire M2. Any other brands or models I should check out similar to M2?

Also looking for a charger system for 123A type batteries. Hoping to charge it off a solar roll ideally while spending time outdoors. What do I need to make this work with say a Brunton Solar Roll like this:
http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/electronics%20main/brunton_solarroll_9.htm

New to flashlight details so go easy on me please!!
Thank you all and look forward to suggestions.

Ouch

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Looking to purchase Tactical light & 123A char

1.Welcome to CPF!

2.Look in the general lighting forum to find out all about using lights for self defense. I'd go with an X200 on a G17 myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3.Hmmm. Don't know much about solar charging. Take a look in the electronics subforum and see what you can find, though, I bet it's been discussed. .

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another 'welcome to the gang!' How much are you willing to spend? Multiply that number at 10x and you'll find how much you'll end up spending. You'll have fun spending that money.

Lights are much better than they were just one year ago. Some manufacturers are making really decent lights. Mods are outrageous and money is scarce. A lot of buying and trading goes on here and you'll find people very honest and trusting here. Take off you shoes, relax and stay awhile.

Check out Surefire, Pelican and Streamlight. For a mod you might check out Aleph or in the B/S/T Mods section. Don't forget to check out the B/S/T Lights section. You might have to move fast in those sections; if you see something you like it could taken by someone else in a flash! A moment of hesitation could hurt you here.

Again, welcome! Don't be afraid to ask questions. Be afraid of you desires and your wallet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cdf

Enlightened

Welcome , the Surefire M2 is a superb, tuff tactical lite . The M3 is better , but bigger . The M3 is very versitile ( you can go turbohead for a throw monster, or with a KL6 LED head for extended runtime ) . Tactical lites are only support devices , albeit very important ones . Before you lite em up you better have a game plan . The M2 , and M3 both work well in conjunction with pistols if you are a ccw holder . If possible try to see/handle models . Another model worth looking at is the Surefire L5 , ( an M2 on LED's ).

D

Dae

welcome & enjoy!

ouch_its_bright

Newly Enlightened

Hello gentleman,

Thank you very much for the info and direction. I really do appreciate it because I'm very new to the flashlight world.
Ha...thanks for the addiction warnings! Have a Strider knife and HAK issue to get under control before going flashlight crazy!!

I'll check out every model suggested and go from there.
Thanks again.

Ouch

cognitivefun

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
ouch_its_bright said:
Hello gentleman,

Thank you very much for the info and direction. I really do appreciate it because I'm very new to the flashlight world.
Ha...thanks for the addiction warnings! Have a Strider knife and HAK issue to get under control before going flashlight crazy!!

I'll check out every model suggested and go from there.
Thanks again.

Ouch

[/ QUOTE ]

The Hideaway is cool. So is Strider. You are in the right direction and we share some addictions. You will find this site a great way to spend oodles of money on needless toys. But life's about having fun, isn't it?

Welcome!

cognitivefun

Enlightened

I have some of everything but what I love most are:

SureFire U2
SureFire A2
Aleph2 1 X 123
Infinity Ultra
UK 4AA eLED
Streamlight Strion (rechargable, elegant incandescent)
Streamlight Polypropylene 4AA (great throw, regulated)

I just ordered an HDS Ultimate. I love these toys. It's my undoing of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif