looking for a light. Please help me decide.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a light with a clip or lanyard (so I dont loose it this summer like my bro who lost his L1) that has good throw or output, and good regulation. Price limit is between $60 & $115. I would like for it to have a luxeon LED. I was thinking the LEDXtreme predator, but that doesnt have a clip or lanyard. I was also thinking nightcutter, but it doesnt have good enough battery life. Anyone have experience with the EDC ultimate lights? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SolarFlare

Enlightened
The EDC ultimates are excellent lights, but you're already outside your stated price range, ultimate 60 might be around $190 if ya gonna spend that much buy the U60 its an excellent light, but don't rely on the clip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Manifest

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
EDC ultimate lights? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi David, I have a Ultimate 42 and love it. It has a good balance of throw and spill and you can set 4 different levels of brightness into it. I highly recommend it even though it is slightly over your limit (150 from battery station)

My review of the HDS at:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15053

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
how does its throw compare to E1L? Question for both the 60 & 42.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone give me a beamshot of the EDC basic 42 compared to another light? Ultimate 42 is just as bright right? If so, MANIFEST, if you could do the honors and get us a beamshot and compare it to another light, that would be cool.

-David
-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get an EDC Basic 42 for $120, just $5 more than your limit.

Its a great light I says, I swear by them.

I'll let someone else get you beamshots. I personally don't trust beamshots at all, they rarely show the FULL characteristics of a beam my opinion says.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another idea: Surefire 6P + Lux III drop in. You can get this combo for < $100!!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, do you think I could get a used EDC basic 42 for less than $100. I need to know how bright it is first.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, good idea, but it is a wee bit big.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
yeah, do you think I could get a used EDC basic 42 for less than $100. I need to know how bright it is first.

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it.

Low supply, HUGE demand. I doubt anyone is selling their HDS Basics, and if they were I doubt they've give a deal (considering that they are hard to get).

Once production picks up and supply matches demand, you will have an easier time my opinion says.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Cornkid said:
he means used.

-tom

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I don't think too many folks WOULD sell a USED one at that price. Why, when they can get OVER MSRP? I've had someone offer me OVER MSRP for my USED HDS 42 Basic (well over in fact), and I'm not even willing to sell it!! These things are way too popular for folks to just sell them at a loss for, my opinion says.

Manifest

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
Can anyone give me a beamshot of the EDC basic 42 compared to another light? Ultimate 42 is just as bright right? If so, MANIFEST, if you could do the honors and get us a beamshot and compare it to another light, that would be cool.

-David
-David

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't have a digital camera /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The hotspot of the EDC 42 is ~half the size of the Inova T1 hotspot but is slightly brighter...sorry I can't be of more help.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you guys think of Pelican M6 3W? Any thoughts on Aleph 1? You think I could get a used Aleph 1 for under $125 shipped?

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
What do you guys think of Pelican M6 3W?

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best, maybe the best Lux-III HA-3 regulated led $99 flashlight on the market, my opinion says.

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll have to try one out to find out i guess. or go with another light.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the m6 3w. Its a beauty!!! But I want the orb 3w.

-David