gerber infinity ultra

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Just out of curiosity, is there any way to replace the Led with one of those 26000 mcd leds and stil keep the same waterproofness and stuff? is there any easy way to do this or is it a job for one of the pros on the forums. Is there any 1 AA light that already utilizes these bright Leds. Or is the only way to use these leds is to mod your own.
thanks for any input.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a way, I'm sure, but I doubt it would be easy. Better left to someone who does these kinds of things on a fairly regular basis.

I don't know of any lights that use the 26k LEDs as of yet, but I'm sure they're coming soon..

Grubbster

Enlightened
I switched the led in mine to one of the 26K ones. I do not think it altered its water resistance because all the o rings are still in place. I am not sure how water resistant it is in the first place. It is much brighter with the 26K led, although it was a bit of a pain to switch. The legs of the led must be bent to stradle some of the components and soldered through the pcb board. It is a worthwhile mod but can be a little fussy.