• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Limited Run: Nickel Plated Aleph Series | Extras

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nickeled Alephs | Project Complete & Closed

Hey Folks,

I got the samples back from the shop today, and I'm quite pleased with the results. A picture is worth a thousand words, as it's said, so here's 5,000 words. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Please note the head fins, battery pack knurled area, and tailcap knurled area and boot recession are all bead blasted.

na2.jpg

na3.jpg

na4.jpg

na7.jpg

na8.jpg

The light was originally entirely bead blasted, and I made smooth a number of areas, but left some blasted to see the effects (and contrast) of bead blasted vs. polished surfaces with nickel on all the three parts. I'm happy with the results - the A1 head looks quite good with the bead blasted fin interiors and they are the only areas that will be left frosted in the future, the rest will all be polished.

The finish is great, you can see the mirrored reflections on the parts. Typical of nickel, the color is a warmer tone with a bit more depth to it than silver-metallic chrome or bare polished aluminum. Thickly plated, the light will be able to withstand your typical every-day carrying without wearing down to the base metal, and provide the same, rock-solid reliabilty that's come to be expected of the Aleph Series.

All that being said, I'll be doing a run of these lights, similarly plated. I'm going to limit this to 20 builds, if it reaches that number. I can use most (if not all) parts from the Aleph series that can be seen in McGizmo's forum under the FAQs and other sticky threads, chock full of all sorts of information you want, and perhaps more than what you may want to know about the system as a whole. All parts will be highly polished before plating (even a bit moreso than the prototype shown here) by me for the highest lustre possible. The bezel rings on all the heads will be bead blasted, as well as the inner portions of the fins on the Aleph I heads, all other areas will be polished.

The pricing on these will be the Sandwich Shoppe price, plus $60. Both light shells (no light engine) and full TK lights (with light engine) can be done. The price for the LE will be $95, built with a TW0J Luxeon III and a NexGen 750 Convertor. The NexGen convertor can handle a 1x123, 1xCR2, and a Pila pack. No other build types on the light engines for now.

Please post here if you're interested, along with the full parts setup (Head, battery pack, tailswitch w/resistor settings, TK or Shell).
Example: A2 Head, 1xCR2 Pack, SFT McE2s 15-ohm, TK

I'll create a list with all the options requested and post and add in the totals after the list is closed. I won't accept payment until the parts return from the platers since I don't like doing pre-orders, all I ask is that if you sign up you stay comitted - I don't have use for 20 shiny lights all for myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Enrique

Last edited:

spy008

Newly Enlightened
Re: Limited Run: Nickel Plated Aleph Series

I'll take one. A1, 1xCR2, FT, 15ohm, tk.

Thanks,
Jeff

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

spy008 intersting choice.

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened

I would like one, it looks very nice!
A2, 1X123, normal Tailcap McE2s 15-ohm, Shell (no Light-engine)
Thank you

lightbulb

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one like the picture.
Aleph 1 Head, 1x123, Normal Tailcap McE2s 15-ohm, shell only
Thanks.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

One as follows for me too:A1 Head, 1x123 Pack, Standard McE2s 15-ohm, TK
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

spy008 | A1, 1xCR2, FT McE2s 15-ohm, TK
karlthev | A1 Head, 1x123, Standard McE2s 15-ohm, TK
Takifugu | A2, 1X123, Standard McE2s 15-ohm, Shell
lightbulb | A1 Head, 1x123, Standard McE2s 15-ohm, Shell
wquiles | A1 Head, 1x123 Pack, FT McE2s 15-ohm, Shell
wquiles | A3 Head, 2x123 Flared Pack, SFT McE2s 30-ohm, Shell

In case anyone isn't familiar with the Sandwich Shoppe, here's a link:
http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/index.php
The Aleph parts will be under Mod Shoppe > DIY Flashlight Mods > Aleph.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to post here or PM me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

That nickel looks really nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wquiles

Flashaholic

Enrique,

These look awesome - good job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Will

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Remember, "Nickel Plated" rather than chrome---the Nickel, if you are familiar with it is less reflective a finish than chrome and, if you will, "warmer" (less silver) in appearance than chrome.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wouldn't be so bold as to say nickel is less reflective than Chrome - chrome is just a sharper color, and nickel is warm.

Here's a quick reference guide on the switch, as well as parts pricing:

Aleph Parts Pricing
NAPrice.jpg

McE2s Switch Information
Aleph FAQ

That gets most of the needed info in this post, or a ready click away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WQuiles - thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

-Enrique

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Hey !!

How can I missed this thread ??
Very nice pictures..and flashlights indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

They will be not only collectible one but an eternal Flashlight with this Nickel plated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Order your now or you'll regret it soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Enrique has made for me some very nice customs Alephs, and his work is perfect !! Don't hesitate to pick one of the best in this nice world of flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lightbulb

Newly Enlightened

Is it possible to have the same nickel treatment on the original mclux clickie tailpack?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oops, well...maybe not "less reflective" as I said..

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any chance of getting just the polished nickel plated 1x123 body from you? I think it would look striking with black head and tailcap.

wquiles

Flashaholic

Enrique,

Here is my order - thanks for being so flexible:

A1 Head, 1x123 Pack, Flat Top McE2s 15-ohm, shell (no LE)

Will

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Frenchy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lightbulb, and wasBlinded, unfortunately, dealing with single parts, and in some cases, parts I've never personally seen or handled, isn't something I'd like to do right now.

I will, however, be getting a few extra parts made for a couple of PR heads and other things, and I may have some parts that won't be used.

Will: I'll add you up above in a little bit.

-Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be ordering the parts in the next few days, and get started on this in the coming week.

-Enrique