Jil 1.3W "AA"

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jil 1.3W \"AA\"

Been looking for an affordable alkaline AA Lux but haven't found one I like, or always miss the TnCs when they are offered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif.
Sooo..

As expected, much darker than running on a CR2 but usable. I don't have the patience to do runtime tests, but expect decent use from a single AA with the Micropuck running from 0.8V. (LEDdynamics PDF spec sheet).

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jil 1.3W \"AA\"

Yup, messed up 5 times before I got it right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened

nekomane-san, very interesting and nice job done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Maybe you could try using a madmax or madmax+ sandwich for brighter results?

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Hi, Nekomane.

Great job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Make the Jil 1.3w even more versatile! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
And Oi! Just found out that it works with a Ichishiki!

I already hear the cries '!Blasphemy!' from some 'fanatics' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Takifugu-san, any idea which sammy will run on a single AA?

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened

Nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Madmax series will work fine with single AAs.

Takifugu

Newly Enlightened

I am not certain but I think that the voltage of a single AA for the super converter is too low for practical use.
How about 2 x CR2 with a Luxeon V in that setup? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

2Xcr2 and a luxeon V is my dream config...

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks again..
I see that most of you are not the least bit interested in a dim alkaline AA light but the possibilities of running something wilder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It would be great if I could offer them so you could try them out with different setups. Adding some length and boring a bit more to accommodate 2xCR2 should'nt be anymore difficult (than it already is for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ), but TBH I do not have the time right now to make more than planned, sorry..

With CR2 rechargables becoming easily available, it may be time for a new lineup of powerful smaller lights, fingers crossed.