My first drop in

Anarcus

Newly Enlightened
I've just fitted my first Mag light drop in.
Opalec New beam in a double AA maglight.

Fitting is as simple as can be.
Build quality seems good. I think you loose a little throw but the beam quality and spread of light are, in my oppinion, more usefull. That you get @10 hours burn time is the icing on the cake.

Now hows abut a clicky tail cap...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Sounds good.

You should get a clicky switch for your maglite! I prefer the clickys over twisting the head.

Odyssey

Newly Enlightened
I just bought an Opalec as well, and agree with you - it's just the right amount of light for camping or night walks, and a lovely even beam. As well as the Kroll Clickie, may I recommend an anti-reflective glass lens? You can get both from http://www.flashlightlens.com/ - the lens is the B270 22.6mm (not the LDF version of said). I know the Opalec comes with a fresh lens, but a nice glass lens is more scratch-resistant, and these particular lenses have far better light transmittance than polycarbonate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anarcus

Newly Enlightened
Just been playing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the links. A decent bit of glass can't hurt it.
I like the idear of a clickie. Does anyone know of a two stage version that would give say 1/2 output and full power?
(though quite frankly given the run time and rechargables I may as well secure a bit of cloth over the lens)