Bug Out Gear Drop-In for Surefire

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Bugoutgearusa.com "Drop-in" LED lamp assembly for my Surefire 6 volt and I'm pretty impressed. I have an L2 and original L1 and I've never really liked the flood beam of the L2 because of the lack of throw. The Drop-In is very, very, tight and seems to have pretty good throw. It's the day time right now so I can't really see how well it throws. But I just wanted to post that the drop-in is a great bulb to have as a backup or as a poor-man's KL series. Can't wait for the 5-watt bulbs!

www.bugoutgearusa.com

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am happy with mines in my legend xl I had to grind out. I wonder what the run time is on 9 volts?

I too have heard the 5 watt model had too much heat to deal with.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
AWTYD- wow, 3p, its a nice light! Let us know if it works.

-David

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to be the party pooper but the BOG dropin runs poorly on one cell, and with r123 it still seems rather dim. I have a 3P and wanted to run it that way but never worked well. Besides, the head on the 3P refused to screw all the way down...very annoying. the same goes for my 6p and C3. The only light i like it in is the G2 because the nitrolon flexes and allows the bezel to screw down completely.

Nick

Geologist

Enlightened
look along the bottom of the assembly of the drop in. Mine had some rather large solder joint that "stuck out" from the assembly, no allowing the bezel to screw all the way down. I used a Dremel tool and CAREFULLY removed the excess solder. Now it fits like a champ!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The BOG drop in has an overly long spring. It did not work reliably in my older 6P, so I bought a new model 6P. Works fine. I can imagine it not working well in a 3P, requiring too much pressure to screw bezel, or tail switch down. This problem could easily be fixed, cutting spring and reshaping, or a fix at factory for newer drop in's.

Bill