Stolen 2006 Audi A3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta be the marketing play I says. Cars are stolen frequently...I doubt every dealer is going to spend more money than a car is worth (TV ads are expensive) just to have a SLIGHT CHANCE to recover a stolen car.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, while I havent read all the crap on their site's, yes, Plural, I dont believe this is true...

First off, they have, it seems, multiple sites for this one idea of a car being stolen. They have specific pictures of it, they tell you all about it in the video(s)(that should be a major hint right there).
Sites! They have a website for this? Thats going to cost them just as much as the car did. Paying for a host, they probably did it themselves though. Then paying for someone to create the site. Its a Flash site too! They arent going to do that if its not a marketing scheme.

Then they call this a "project". Straight from their site its called a project. Their is this 'story' behind it all...[ahem] Story of a car being stolen? Perhaps this has all nothing to pertain with the car being stolen and its just that I am not reading enough. But perhaps they are wanting you to read a lot and get into it so that you become a marketed person.

They tell you, "You can be part of this venture" or whatever they call it. Whatever... I dont care about a car being stolen! And I dont think anyone can truly contribute to this. They tell you what the inside of the car looks like, and how it has sunroofs and electronic shifters, well, only the person who stole it is going to know that. And its tough for a car to be stolen straight from the showroom floor, without some video to prove it.

I think this is a complete hoax, which will prove to be a decent, one use only, marketing scheme for Audi.

Cameron

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
They have a TV commercial about a "stolen" car, show the VIN, and then go on to describe the car's features.
So yes, marketing hype is what this is all about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but I can't believe you young guys are so gullible to this sort of stuff! Of course it's a marketing ploy. Don't you guys remember the Mini Cooper "copies" commercial?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Some TV stations have been advertising something called the "Hey Horn" and the "G-Whiz". I thought this was just some phoney baloney crap until I went to the website shown on the screen and found otherwise: http://www.motormate.com/
I believe these gadgets and commercials are created by the company that makes the Mini Cooper.

Stream

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, while I havent read all the crap on their site's, yes, Plural, I dont believe this is true...

First off, they have, it seems, multiple sites for this one idea of a car being stolen. They have specific pictures of it, they tell you all about it in the video(s)(that should be a major hint right there).

I think this is a complete hoax, which will prove to be a decent, one use only, marketing scheme for Audi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, duh! lol Of course it's a marketing scheme, it's presented as a role playing game that you can play with a chance of being rewarded for your participation -- although you don't get a chance to win the car. And if you're wondering who stole the Audi, you can read all about the characters here:

http://www.audiusa.com/shared/a3_microsite/html/a3_microsite_vin_content.html

Nisha Roberts is described as a gorgeous and deadly former intelligence operative who now uses her skills to track down priceless stolen works of art and returning them to their rightful owners via her company, Last Resort Retrieval.

Ian Yarbrough (Nisha's boyfriend) is a NYC DJ who helps Nisha track down stolen art pieces in his spare time with his computer hacking skills.

Apparently they stole the Audi A3 because it's somehow the key to unlocking the "The Biggest Art Heist In History", or something. Now they've got a pair bloodthirsty hit men and a vicious art thief who's escaped from prison chasing them. And they need YOUR help!
You can read the whole synopsis at:

http://www.audiusa.com/shared/a3_microsite/html/a3_microsite_vin_content.html

And if you want to play you can go to:
http://www.stolena3.com/
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif