Jeers to burglars

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
They hit my apt. last Sunday, taking my laptop and a bunch of small, easily fenced, mostly electronic items.

However, they weren't interested in lights, right next to the computer - a 1stGen modded KL1 on an Aleph 1x123 and McE2S trim HA, an Aleph 2x123 flared HA tube and McE2S standard, and a 2nd Gen modded KL1/E2e. Or any onther lights laying around.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
And I'll third the motion.
Burglars got into my apartment a few years ago; they didn't steal much but they sure did make a mess of things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
The slap on the wrist BS that thieves get when caught really ticks me off. IMO, repeat offenders need to be punished SEVERELY.... (I won't go into how "severely", as it might upset some liberal folks) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Aw man. I hope they catch the perp.

The worst part of it for me was the sense of personal violation, that some jerk had been walking around in MY home, going through my stuff as if it was his.

Since he left the lights, at least we know that he has no taste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
That blows man. At least they didn't take the lights which are more custom and less easily to replace with an exact match. But whatever data on the laptop isn't easy to replace unless you had backups. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
The slap on the wrist BS that thieves get when caught really ticks me off. IMO, repeat offenders need to be punished SEVERELY.... (I won't go into how "severely", as it might upset some liberal folks) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a liberal folk and I say ream the b*stards.

Brightnorm

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya sure dont wanna break into my house.no one can ever tell if im home since i dont have car im very quiet i dont nescary answer the door i dont turn on lights.i miss my dog he was a a1 guard dog .my freind has him now .

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
In older times they cut off a thief's hand. Second time, cut off the other one. Hard to steal stuff with just your mouth now unless it's food. Anybody get up a petition to make this into a law you can sure count on my signature!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sticker is cool for your house "This house protected by Smith & Wesson." I don't own/shoot guns, but you don't want the crook to know that.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a liberal folk and I say ream the b*stards.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....good to see someone actually not for coddling criminal creeps.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
In older times they cut off a thief's hand. Second time, cut off the other one. Hard to steal stuff with just your mouth now unless it's food. Anybody get up a petition to make this into a law you can sure count on my signature!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually along the lines I was thinking of--except on a first time offense I think prison time is enough (any offenses after that, goodbye hands). No hands, its hard to steal.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
This sticker is cool for your house "This house protected by Smith & Wesson." I don't own/shoot guns, but you don't want the crook to know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea, my opinion says. Advertising that you use a gun (even if you don't) is like telling a crook that you keep a gold treasure chest in your house. Thieves like stealing guns, and putting a "protected by S&W, Glock, etc" sign up is like inviting a thief over for a stealing party.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In some countries like Brazil, stealing food is not a crime. Sometimes there are a lot of people with no food, and it's hard to prosecute someone who is starving.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
didnt take the light, well thieves dont have brains /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i calculated out how much i could make if i successfully robbed banks (assuming i could spell the note right) , based on the average ammount recieved, vrses how many times you could do it a year MINUS the getting caught part.
and came to the conclusion that working at McDs is more profitable than robbing banks, even if you did manage to get away with it.
so i guess that puts the thief into really stupid moran land /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you could say, they get theirs, without us even trying, but then were gonna try and make sure they get theirs TOO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif