yo! my L1 runs on dead batteries!

elcaminoreal

Newly Enlightened
I took the cheapo vatnic batteries that came with, and were drained by, my brinkman maxfire lx and stuck one in my L1. Full power beam! I have been using this "dead" battery for 3 days!

attowatt

Enlightened
Thats cool.

How much runtime do you have on brinkman light?

I have been thinking about getting a L1, and it sounds like when batt's are dead elsewhere... they keep going on L1.
Dont know for sure, but think the L1 is Direct drive?
Maybe some one will chime in.

Is your L1 the flat lens or is it curved, just curious?

JIm

cognitivefun

Enlightened
L1 is two stage, regulated on high, non-regulated on low.

Mine came back from SureFire and it was pretty dim on low, awfully dim. It worked fine on high, but I thought that was how they are, very dim on low. And then suddenly the battery went dead.

I put a new battery in, and it was so much brighter on low that I realized I must have gotten it back from SF with basically a dead battery. I am very happy with it's light output on low and high. I use the beamshaper and that makes it so much more useful.

elcaminoreal

Newly Enlightened
cheapo, I don't know if it's new or not. the bezel has tiny crenelations and the lens is flat, but it is a real lens, you can't see the led, or identify it as such. at least, I can't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

attowat, I really have no idea how long a brinkman runs. I have two, one is still going because I never use it, the other was stolen from work and the thief kindly returned it when the batteries were dead. these are the batteries I am talking about! I have the other "dead" battery and the original SF123 in my backpack for spares.

I wonder if I can expect the same kind of performance from an L2? or the other L series lights? to me this makes the light worth the money, every penny

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, then, I'll have to be getting me one of those.

-David