Thought I would share a sunset ;)

Jefff

Enlightened
Took this about 7:30 pm in oklahoma city.. We had a pretty good round of Tornadic Storms coming up from the South West and this made for a wicked sunset.
picture033small7vv.jpg

picture035small9yt.jpg

picture039small4lj.jpg

picture049small0ev.jpg

picture052small4ih.jpg

Pretty Dark Clouds... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Gotta love Oklahoma Weather
~Jeff

Jefff

Enlightened
Hey thanks for looking .. I really couldn't capture the true color of it though.. That is what provoked me into taking the pics.. It was the most livid earie green I have ever seen. the sky, the ground everywhere.. It was awesome and freaky all at once..
thank ya for the comments and looking
Jeff

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Jeff, thank you. It's very pretty.

I have a pic of a sunset I took somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
great pics, funny how if you didn't mention about the tornadic storms i wouldnt have guessed it, looks really peaceful.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here it is. Showing North Philadelphia from the other side of the Delaware River. The colors in the picture don't even come close to capturing what was really there (to bad it's actually pollution..)

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just Adjusted The Color Balance for the images to show how they will actually look in reality ... Sometimes DigiCam's Mess up with the Color Balance way too much....

Orignal Pic Captured
picture033small7vv.jpg

ColorBalanced Image
picture033small7vva.jpg

Orignal Pic Captured
picture039small4lj.jpg

ColorBalanced Image
picture039small4lja.jpg

Nice Oklahoma Weather /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Enjoy

Another Correction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
randomstuff006small1mpa.jpg

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few myself:

img158.JPG

The Simple things that make a picture look better:
img142.JPG

Another one with simple things:
img140.JPG

And this one makes it look like the sky is on fire:
img146.JPG

Just a few of my collection from that evening at a state park.

Cameron

jtice

Flashaholic
Great photos guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Heres a few of mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sky_4.sized.jpg

Sky_5.sized.jpg

maguflex_beamshots_035.sized.jpg

IMG_2986.sized.jpg

IMG_3036.sized.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jefff -

Before I read your post I was looking at the first two pics and thought "aw sn*t, that ain't good". I've never seen a photo that accurately captures the eerie green that indicates a tornado is near. I thought yours came pretty close but, as you and I know, you have to be standing there to appreciate it.

NOAA reports tornado outbreak Saturday

--------------

- Jeff

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, normally I wouldn't try to hijack your thread, but since others are sharing, I won't feel too guilty.

Maybe not as dramatic as the tornado sunset, nor as artistic as some of the others above, but here is the first decent photo from my Utah trip in April.

I've only gotten through 20 of about 700 Utah photos so far, so I hope to eventually have some decent ones.

Sunset Arch (AKA: Sunset Natural Bridge) near the Glen Canyon Recreation Area in Southeastern Utah.

SSarch19d.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out why they call it Sunset Arch though) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Jefff

Enlightened
Man those are some sweet Pictures guys.. no need to worry about jacking any of my threads I like to read & see em all ..
And ICEBREAK yeah you know it about the be there to appericate it thing.. it is the freakiest color ever and totally saturates everything in it .. even the buildings looked green.. thought for sure we were gonna get a twister but thankfully just some hail and rain here in the City .. the guys south of us had a pretty good one touch down but the storm couldn't get it's act together to really do any big time damage and produce a long term tornado.. anyway thanks you guys for sharing all the other pics and for editing the pictures with that color balance .. man the clouds are really pronounced after doing that.. gave it more of a orange look but it looks awesome.. yeah I am using one as my back ground wallpaper also..
Take Care
Jeff

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Wow, what gorgeous photos everybody! You clearly have an eye for natural beauty.

The "tornado skies" - yeah, I've seen the sky turn the strangest colors right before or after a severe storm, as if the colors were an official prologue or epilogue to the main event. It's so rare (at least here) so it's always quite stunning when it happens and it always stops me in my tracks as I watch the sky in sheer amazement.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing, everybody. My favorite times of the day are sunrises and sunsets. Moon rises out over Lake Michigan are fun too, especially when using various flashlights while going through the woods on the way to the beach.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh geez, I don't know how I missed it. Thank you for fixing my pic ViReN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

All of these pictures are beautiful.....