TW4 -- works with rechargable?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I got my Vital Gear body from the group buy (thanks Chris!), and connected my SureFire KL4 head to the 1 X 123 FB1 body.

I am using a protected rechargable 123 from JSBurlys. But it does not fire up in regulation. Beam is rather dim actually.

Does the battery regulation prevent enough current flow to power the KL4 head? I suppose I will try a regular 123 battery but I prefer rechargables bigtime.

What is your experience?

cy

Flashaholic
all my KL4 heads works with all flavors of R123's. including JSB R123 3V.

try a bare cell, that particular cell may be limiting current out.

TW4 is perfect for running bare R123 and CR2 li-ion with mcgizmo body

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion I think both of you are right.

My KL4 will run with a 3V rechargeable cell but only at 63% of the output of a 3.6V rechargeable cell. I think the 3V cell is limited to the amount of current draw.

A 3.6V cell would be brighter. A 3V rechargeable cell we know is protected and has a 100% chance of not being ruined by over-discharge.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I've got a question about the TW4. I use primary cells and my TW4 will run for right at two hours before it blinks a few times and kicks into low mode. Does this mean it runs in regulation for a while or not? I thought, it wouldn't run in regulation on just one cell. Or maybe it isn't? It is noticeably dimmer than on two cells but, it is a great combo anyway, I love this setup!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cy

Flashaholic
need to add, yes TW4 does run with JSB 3V but it's much dimmer. not in regulation