Where can I find a small push on/off switch?

JollyRoger

Enlightened
I'm looking for a variety of small push button on/off switches. The ones that Radio Shack sells seem to be too big. And the small ones they have are only momentary...

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may have to re-design for using a toggle, rocker or slide switch- I haven't been able find any good NON-momentary pushbutton switches in small size at a reasonable price myself. (Been looking on and off for 6 months.)

The only ones I found were mil-spec and cost about $18.00 each.

Good luck.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I got a "great neck" 2AA flashlight from Autozone a 6 or so months ago. It's all aluminum and came with 2 AA's for either 2.99 or 3.99. I've seen the same design online cheaper in quantity. They are a little longer than a maglight 2AA, and come with a pushbutton switch similar to the one on the energizer AAA db.
These lights also have an internal resistance that's perfect for sticking a red, orange, or other 2.2v led in.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Since something simular is used in the 'Led-Lenser' aka 'Eddie Bauer' lights, they must exist...
rolleyes.gif

Happy hunting!
grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I finally found something- they are PC mount, but they are small, NON momentary and will handle 3A @ 125VAC. AND reasonably priced:

These might be hard to mount depending on your design, but at just under 1/2 inch sq. and .85 inches long, they might work where other switches are too big.
http://www.mouser.com and enter 107-DS662 in the product search box.

The next smallest that I have found are Panel mount, about 1 1/4 inch overall length and are at:
http://www.mouser.com/
and enter 107-1258 in the product search box

If you order, be sure what you select- some on the list are Momentary (ON) and some are illuminated etc