Smoked Jalapeno Poppers!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Recipe follows pic:
smokedjalapenopoppers0nc.jpg

12 large jalapeno peppers - 8 oz cream cheese - 8 oz can fancy picked crabmeat -
1/4 cup finely chopped onion - 1/2 tsp garlic powder - 12 center cut lean bacon strips -
24 toothpicks

Using kitchen gloves, cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and the membranes (though I found there wasn't enough "heat" if you scoop it all out!).

Drain the crabmeat well. Combine the cream cheese, crabmeat, onion, garlic powder and mix well. Equally divide into each of the pepper halves. Cut the bacon strips in half, wrap around each pepper half, and secure with a toothpick.

Place on the top rack of the smoker. Smoke over wood of choice (using about 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of wood - we like hickory, though mesquite is supposed to be tasty as well!) until the bacon is cooked (roughly 1 1/2 to 2 hours) at about 200 degrees. Taking out the seeds and membranes takes about 90% of the heat away, leaving a really great smoked pepper flavor!!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
:drool!: I gotta try that on the next campout, except mesquite-grilled, next to the bacon-wrapped shrimp! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

emrbrtn

Enlightened
That looks so good... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Jeritall

Enlightened
Where I come from, we call these things ABTs. I like the addition of crab meat to yours. I usually use a little left over pulled pork butt. Some time you'll have to try using some habaneros in this recipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ABTs ??? (Atomic Buffalo Turds) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks yummy. I might try that sometime.

The title is a little ambiguous though. I thought Sigman found a new way of getting high. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well dang,

I could eat about 15 or 20 of those as long as I had a couple of long cold ones to go with 'em. I love working with hickory.

Wilkey

rscanady

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sold.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Billson said:
Looks yummy. I might try that sometime.

The title is a little ambiguous though. I thought Sigman found a new way of getting high. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh thanks for the ole' "soda through the nose trick"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif