Z57 Tailcap & Surefire Warranty/ Customer Service

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my first ever Surefire, a nice little E2L I got on ebay. Really enjoyed it this weekend...till the Z57 tailcap lost its constant on/off function, leaving only momentary. Two questions:

1) Is there a history of this type problem with Z57 switch?

2) What should I expect from Surefire's warranty service in terms of hassle, turnaround time, etc. (I'm a little nervous sending my brand new baby off to the Dr. only a few days after her arrival!)

Any info. would be much appreciated.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
Just received my first ever Surefire, a nice little E2L I got on ebay. Really enjoyed it this weekend...till the Z57 tailcap lost its constant on/off function, leaving only momentary. Two questions:

1) Is there a history of this type problem with Z57 switch?

2) What should I expect from Surefire's warranty service in terms of hassle, turnaround time, etc. (I'm a little nervous sending my brand new baby off to the Dr. only a few days after her arrival!)

Any info. would be much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Yes.

2) They should send you a new tailcap with no hassle, but the timeframe can vary considerably.

I have been offering to fix cranky Z-57s for free for fellow CPF members. Please send me a PM if you (or anyone else) is interested. The fix is relatively simple, and probably faster than waiting on a replacement from SureFire.

Peter

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
LitFuse, thanks very much for that kind offer. I'm going to see what Surefire tells me, but I may well be back in touch.

Thanks again.

Boris

Newly Enlightened
Re: Z57 Tailcap & Surefire Warranty/ Customer Ser

Thanks!... i have one on the way, and is good to know that.... It will be my 1st Surefire.