Surefire STROBE Technique ???

DavidTHR

Enlightened
On another forum (of which I am not a member), someone posted something to the effect of ...the Surefire Strobe Technique is a very effective defensive tool...

My questions:

What is the Surefire Strobe Technique?

How is it properly done?

Is it really effective as a defensive tool?

Also, can this "strobe technique" be done with a Surefire L4?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems that what REACT is calling strobe is more of a one-per-second flash in an attempt to mess with the natural pupil dilation response. The Gladius seems to have a very rapid strobe, such as what we think of when hearing that word. It claims to work on visual disorientation that a strobe light has.

I like most of the information on that website, but would mention one thing. If you flash a light at somebody, then run as they suggest, you might want to use the light to illuminate your path. It sounds comical, but if you trip over a curb or run into a fire hydrant at full sprint, you go down and the bad guy owns you (assuming you didn't fall off a cliff, into a river or into oncoming traffic and kill yourself). At my work, the bad guys and good guys get badly injured (or die) from falls chasing each other in the darkness more than fights by a huge margin.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
mtbkndad said:
The Gladius takes this to a whole new mind numbing, nauseating level. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif good one dad.

can i ask how any of these techniques will work on US ?
we been looking at these leds so often , it dont bother us anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
I read the article....

I have also been reading the rehashes of the rehash based on articles written by somebody else.

1. My former partner in Combative Concepts Inc., Dave Maynard used to say "All Dark Holes have Guns" (Mid to late 1980's)....Sound familiar based on REACT's saying? Dave Maynard is given credit in our current curriculums for the easy to remember, insightful saying.

2. At Combative Concepts we adopted a methodology called "Light and Move", which later appeared in the SureFire Institute Doctrine. Now I see the revolutionary concepts of "Flash and Move"

I normally brush this stuff aside but sometimes I will admit it gets under my skin a bit. Folks find it easier to steal than innovate. These guys know exactly where/who the doctrine came from, but looks like they like to spin it as thier own. Frankly it more nauseating that the strobe itself!

I also immediately cringe when folks call it the XXXXX (put your name here) technique, especially when XXXXX had nothing to do with the original development of the idea.

Credit where credit is due is always the honorable thing to do.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming….

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks for the link, and the related info!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif