• D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

• F

• Total voters

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very excited about this light, and bought a few of them since only the first batch has serial numbers. Anyone else collecting them, or are you just buying one? What is your opinion of these lights?

How many did you order?

How do you rate it?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Re: Pelican M6 LED Lux III, HA-3 Regulated

I'll know when it arrives. Perhaps it's arrived today.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone know the runtime at full brightness yet? has anyone tested?

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
Anyone know the runtime at full brightness yet? has anyone tested?

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on many factors david. Type of batteries (primary vs. rechargable), brand of batteries, intermittent vs. continual use, etc. Using quality USA batteries from a good brand, I would guestimate 1.5 hours runtime with partial regulation (not a CONSTANT output curve).

I don't have the equipment to test, all I can do is guestimate with my eyes. I'd be happy with 1 - 1.5 hours of good output, and then another 2 hours of moderate to minimal output.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks 357. That is the same as the M6 LED.

-david

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you order ZERO of the PM6 LED Lux III, HA-3 Regulated, please explain what turned you off about this model...

vtunderground

Enlightened

Well... I've been saving up for a high-end flashlight, so just placed an order for one of these. I'm VERY excited, I can't wait to get it. I was torn between an L4 and the PM6 Lux-3, but chose the Pelican because I figure the odds of winning the Luxeon Lottery are better with Pelican than with Surefire (maybe I'm too picky about Luxeon tint?).

Anyways, I'll give my impressions when it arrives!

Flashlight Enthusiast

^Yes, I think you'll win the luxeon lottery. I find VERY LITTLE variation among Pelican M6 tints.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

My first M6 HA3 was either defective, or I destroyed it as soon as I got it in my hands. The head would barely screw on, then it became apparent that the head would go on and off without screwing it on/off. Kevin kindly replaced it quickly, which was very nice and in line with what I have come to expect from batterystation. Thumbs up to him as usual.

The replacement light also exhibits some gritty threads, but I expect it to work itself out. I find this to be a decent light, but nothing spectacular. Good throw and spill, but thats what we've come to expect these days. The gritty threads and the spring that was too long and dented the batteries indicates a lack of QC or design. Throw in a tiger stripe in the HA and the clicky that is too soft for my liking (purely subjective, but I would worry about accidental activation in a back pocket) and Powernoodle gives it a C-. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

best regards

Flashlight Enthusiast

^Yep, gritty threads is par for the course with Pelican M6s, my opinion says. This is an area (along with interior fit/finish) that I wish would improve.

Jinx

Newly Enlightened

Have you tried cleaning the threads with steelwool, then a rag, then relube (on internal and external threads)? I have found that to help quite a bit on mildly rough threaded lights.

-Jinx

Jinx

Newly Enlightened

I'm seriously mulling over getting the M6-HA-3 or the T4. At this point I'm leaning more towards the T4. Once I hear the M6-HA-3's QC issues are resolved, I'll snag one.

357, was you second one noticeably better or only slightly better?

-Jinx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Disclaimer: I have NOT tested EVERY Lux III PM6 LED vs every Lux I PM6 LED that I have. I've just compared one of each at this point.

But, based on one of each, I can confirm that I am indeed seeing about a 25% throw advantage to the Lux III version. This is not easily noticable inside. But outside, in pure pitch dark, the Lux III version is lighting up trees that the Lux I version does not reach.

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Jinx said:
I'm seriously mulling over getting the M6-HA-3 or the T4. At this point I'm leaning more towards the T4. Once I hear the M6-HA-3's QC issues are resolved, I'll snag one.

357, was you second one noticeably better or only slightly better?

-Jinx

[/ QUOTE ]

QC and tint appear to be equal or close to it in all of them. QC is good, overall quality is "B" level--its only the threads I have an issue over. Tint is fantastic overall. Don't know about output yet, since I have only used one Lux III outside at night. But in the day time, they all seemed to be close in output.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone get a serial number they wanted?

I didn't.

I realize its hard to get the serial number you want out of 500 lights....but just was wondering if anyone got lucky.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

My first was 300, and its replacement is 042. The numbers don't mean that much to me, tho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

best regards

Flashlight Enthusiast
For others with both Lux-I and Lux III PM6 leds......are you seeing a throw difference at pitch dark and ranges > 50 yards? My test seems to be at least 25% difference. You?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
If you order ZERO of the PM6 LED Lux III, HA-3 Regulated, please explain what turned you off about this model...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its made by Pelican.

mfljr

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
For others with both Lux-I and Lux III PM6 leds......are you seeing a throw difference at pitch dark and ranges > 50 yards? My test seems to be at least 25% difference. You?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both and am seeing about the same difference as you at those ranges. My Lux-I M6 seems to have a bigger 'hotspot' and more spill whereas my Lux-III M6 has more throw.

LightHearted

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
I'm very excited about this light, and bought a few of them since only the first batch has serial numbers. Anyone else collecting them, or are you just buying one? What is your opinion of these lights?

How many did you order?

How do you rate it?

[/ QUOTE ]

HA and a regulated Lux III is not enough incentive to pay more than double the price.