HOLY SHAMOLEY!!! What a Bass!!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I keep four rods and reels with 4 different lures.

I just was out there using the mower a bit, then picked up the Rapala Jointed J-7 lure rod.

I caught one maybe 8" and a pound. Then Shazam! I caught a maybe 16"-18" 3-4 pound lunker! His mouth was around 4" wide open!

I didn't have camera, and don't want to hurt/kill 'em. But this guy impressed me! What a fight!

Kinda cool having a stocked pond in the back yard eh?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool joe i love to fish.man it is cool haveing stock pond .is there other kinds in it to?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A lot (well maybe not a lot if this bass means anything!) of standard Perch. And some Hybrid Big Mouth Perch.

Have caught all three on artificial, and Dad can whack perch any time with dead shrimp!

The swimming jointed lure works killer in some times of the day, and by slowly retrieving it making it wiggle across the surface. It is black over silver.

I have had some luck with a plastic purple worm too.

I have a fat swimming/diving in bright green and black that has never had strike.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
My oldest son and I were just killin' the rainbow trout yesterday (going again this morning!). They were anywhere from 8" to 18". We kept a few and had a trout/salmon combo supper yesterday evening.

One get's complacent at times. I got a chance to go back to Ohio last summer and do some bluegill fishing with my brother. Man were they fun on an ultra-light rig!! Had a very tasty fish fry with them too!

Though I certainly enjoy fishing for sea bass, halibut, flounder, ling cod, all 5 salmon species, char, trout (gee, what have I left out?)...I do miss fishing for bluegill, sunfish, perch, bass, stripers, walleye, etc...(once again gee, what have I left out?!).

Gotta love fishing early in the morning, the smell of the air, sound of the breeze through the leaves, birds singing, song of the loon, eagles flying around, seeing a cow moose with her twins, a bull moose with a full rack, an occasional bear...(and again gee, what have I left out!)!!!

DaGeek

Enlightened
Sounds like the little brother of the bass I catch!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif I love fishing. It diffinitly one of the worlds greatest pastimes!!

sniper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:

I caught one maybe 8" and a pound. Then Shazam! I caught a maybe 16"-18" 3-4 pound lunker! His mouth was around 4" wide open!

Nice BAIT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Of all the fishes in the seas,
my favorite is the Bass.
He LOVES to climb the seaweed trees
And slide down on his hands and knees."

Kinda cool having a stocked pond in the back yard eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, rub it in! My kid tells me when I go fishing that nothing but high explosives will work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

lymph

Enlightened
If your pond is overcrowded, the bass won't get very big.
But, if there are less bass, you won't catch them as often.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think that was fun, how would you like bringing in a 30 pound bass? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll find the picture if I can!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Probably wouldn't be a whole lot harder then back in the days when we went offshore fishing for Kings and Lings, using Garcia 5000 and 6000 reels with 15lb or 18lb test line! 30-40 pounders were common.

The pond has been stocked by my Cousins Husband. There aren't but maybe 12 bass as of when he stocked it. There are a heck of a lot more Bluegill and Hybrids however!

If you have a 30lb Bass pic, DO SHARE!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woohoo! I found it! Will scan the pics in!

edit:

This is my dad. Here's his biggest:

35 1/2 inches and about 24 pounds

And here's mine....I was around the age of 11 at the time:

37 inches and just shy of 30 pounds!

(Yeah , my arms HURT after that one!)

Took about 10-15 minutes to get each of those guys in.....FUN!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Caught these the other day in the Hudson river using sewing thread and a safety pin
cats.jpg

(Just jealous because I hardly ever caught anything)

Brightnorm

sniper

Enlightened
Nice Bait! Where's the Big 'Uns? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif