How many pushups can ya do?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
C'mon, get down on the floor, bang them out and post your results (consecutively without stopping). Don't be embarrassed. I can only do 25! I could do about 40 a few years ago when I was lifting but know people that can bang out 60 or 70 no problem.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Raggie, that's pretty good. I always had better lower body strength then upper so that's something I need to work on. I'm a little soft in the middle but not too bad so I can't really blame it on weight.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i was teaseing geepondy i used to be able to do a lot more but i did 25 and that was very very very hard for me to do. i could do 20 easier .makes me want to start to work out again.the ones i did where ok qualirty but probaly not miltary.i dont think cheast touched floor nose did but back was straight

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, mine were fast. If I went slow and held it and concentrated on form, I don't know if I could do 20.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif I'll tell ya tomorra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bradlee

Enlightened
15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif and now my arms are really sore.

I'm not too out of shape, though; just don't have a lot of upper-body strength.

Zackerty

Enlightened
Two and a half....

I have a friend, Steve, who does 250 one arm pushups every morning...one every two seconds...he is 53 years old!!

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
60 regular, 40 on knuckles. Airborne! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Maxed out at 52 (non-stop) when I was in high school. I just tried...16 (barely)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
gotta do some exercise!

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
35+ slow pushups. Sometimes I can do more and sometimes not though I can't figure out why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I always do it this way to put as much strain as possible on the muscles. Is this good or bad? I do workout at least once or twice a week. I'm fitter than most but not as fit as I'd like to be.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm finally up to 2 sets of 10 (barely) but I'm actually pretty proud of that as I had major abdominal surgery about 5 months ago and could really only start stuff like that at the start of May. I still can't do sit-ups (probably never will be able to again) and have to make do with gentle crunches.

cy

Flashaholic
just ripped off 40 of em.. got to do that more often. really gets your blood pumping!

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
26 I used to do 60-80 as a warm up for real exercize. Getting older (41 1/2) and being out of shape stinks. My own fault though.

Though in my own defense I must say I am moving alot more weight off the floor than I used to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, you know I'll have to try this after I heal up from the gym today. I'm not good at fast lots of reps, it burns so bad! I'm more used to extreme weight, low reps, to build muscle and tear it down good.

I started out doing push ups, but I soon moved my hands down towards where my stomach was, and close together, and did them that way. This REALLY works out your chest instead of arms when doing pushups.

I need to get my biceps bigger, my triceps & chest are monsterous comapred to them. Heck, even my sholder muscles, and the muscles around my neck overshadow my biceps!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow im ashamed how bad shape i am in now i can ride bike and walk a long time cant run knees are trashed

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happened to your knees? Mine are also pretty much finished due to basketball and I'm only 31.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im not sure realy but they always hurt and crack a lot when i was a kid i ran 10 k maybe that did it thats my guess i was supsed to do phyiscal therapy but the stuff they wanted me to do seemed stupid kinda like walking but doing it while siting so i dont think they know what there doing

Latest posts