A domeless led? *Pic added*

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to costcos and bought some more of their lights. When I opened them up one had a luxeon that was missing its dome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif It seems to focus just as well without it but has anyone ever gotten any kind of luxeon light without a dome? I wonder how long it will last exposed to air. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
Re: A domeless led?

Its probably a low dome u got. A low dome has a cover, only its flat and does not have a dome.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

hahaha. Sorry, but it's kinda funny. In assembly they must have knocked the dome off. As long as no dust gets in contact with the die, and no sudden breathe/wind breaks the bond wires off, you'll be ok... So don't open it! heheh

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I completely took apart the light and there wasn't a dome anywhere. Strange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

danielo_d

Enlightened

Just curious...

GotPix.GIF

I'd like to actually see that. Be kinda neat.
Then again, if it fails, you can just return it to Costco. Their return policy is top-notch. [You can easily get a new one]

Danno
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is their anyway that you could show us a picture of the light from the side so I could see the shape of the emitter..
-tom

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast

Woah.

The bond wires look like they're in pretty bad shape (they look like they've been squished/bent quite a bit).

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened

I dunno. The shine coming off the top of the emitter looks like it may be covered but just by a really tiny cover...a low dome like Kevin sid....unless Kevin was joking in which case I stand corrected. What a trip!

Latest posts