OOooh...E2 elite in HA

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2 elite in HA finish? Release them NOW!
grin.gif

E2e%20012.jpg

E2e%20023.jpg

images are from www.pk-engineering.com

Drroooolll
tongue.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmm.

I still prefer the original E2- just look at it.....mmmmmmmmmmm! (think Homer Simpson staring at a hot-dog).

And will you look- those new-fangled ones are bigger!

The advantages are.....?

Sorry to sound so half-assed about it, it sure is nice and I wouldn`t say no if mr PK and co wanted to send me one to review
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
(promise i`ll be fair
smile.gif
), I just think the classic E2 is a tough little thing to improve on. Maybe if they increased the runtime and brightness by a factor of 10, but still kept that tiny size.....now I know I`ve had too much beer
grin.gif

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The advantages are:

Pyrex lens. LockOut TailCap.
Increased waterproofness.
More PocketClip options.

Perhaps the Anti-roll Bezel feature is a bit big. I don't know as I've not got an E2e yet.

Of course, having a Pyrex lens also means that a high output lamp could be on the cards?

Al

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pyrex lens....mmm, not bad at all.

Lock out tail cap- this, I like. It looks like it will fit the regular E2 and I heard that they would be sold seperately so I can get one to fit my current E2.

Increased Waterproofness, nice but I don`t go anywhere the current E2 couldn`t handle. I`m not a diver, too fat for that- just bob about on the surface
grin.gif

More pocket clip options....well mine lives in a holster and I don`t use the clip.

The anti-roll bezel, don`t really like it on something so small. it looks lik a big nut, like you should tighten it with a spanner. The current clip does anti-roll duties just fine, but I can see the advantages on larger lights. I can`t leave the 9Z alone, it`s very fond of the floor- often I find it there when I left it alone on a table nearby.

Of course, having a Pyrex lens also means that a high output lamp could be on the cards?

Yes this sounds nice. A Low output lamp would be great too.

I`m still not totally sold on the benefits of these new ones- guess it`s down to the individual. The current E2 suits my needs more than adequately and for the price (those new ones will cost more, right) I`ll probably stick with what I`ve got.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Bucky

Enlightened
Someone besides me has to like the new look better.
smile.gif
I really think the anti-roll bezel makes the light look cool. Sure the new E2e is a little bit bigger, but not by much at all, and it is still considerably smaller than the M2.

It is a little bit longer too, but that is only because it has to be to facilitate the new lockout tailcap. Take away the lockout tailcap and the anti-roll bezel and I think the dimensions are exactly the same as the regular E2.

I think congratulations are in order as the E2e to me looks like the coolest flashlight SureFire has ever made. I think it will be great to get almost all of the M2 features in a package the size of the E2.

The other thing I realized in looking at the pictures on PK's site is that the new E2e pocket clip, although it looks shorter, is really approximately the same length as the normal E2 clip. It is just that the old E2 clip starts on the bezel, whereas the new E2e clip starts where the bezel meets the body. If you just compare how far the end of the clip comes down the bezel on both, they both come down about halfway.

With all due respect to the M2, I think the E2e probably now the ultimate flashlight because it is so much smaller than the M2 yet offers almost all the same features. Of course I am one who considers size of the utmost importance, if size was not such a factor the M2 would obviously get the nod.

Bucky

Gandalf

Enlightened
Looks really nice to me; the improvements are functional; not just cosmetic. I came pretty close to ordering an E2 in HA, just 'because'; now I'm glad I didn't. Is there any *realistic* release date for the Elite E2 HA? Not like the reduced power output lamp, which is now, what, about 4 months overdue? (I talked to someone at SureFire about this lamps several times, and was given some 'release dates' several months ago. Hah! right!) I hope the price isn't too out of sight, like SureFire charging *$24* for the lockout tailcap alone for the 6P. That's more than half of the price I paid for the whole light! ( I got a good deal at a gun show...) But still, $24? Price them reasonably, and make more money on volume sales!!! I think that Brinkman has shown that a very good quality light can be made for far, far less than the SureFire. There's a *lot* of profit in SureFire lights. Yes, it's not as good in some respects, but for $20, it's a real bargain! If I could just *get* some before Christmas.....
tongue.gif
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Agree with those thinking the original E2 looks best. The antiroll seem a bit over the top given the clean lines of the original.

Really, they could have kept the original and just added the waterproof and pyrex lens. This would keep everything the same sizewise and visually. And maybe the lockout switch for those who do not mind that extra bit of length. As many have said, that antiroll is not necessary with the clip.

Mo

redbird

Enlightened
Add me to the growing list of those who prefer the look of the original E2. I have a HA and GM but could not justify the revised model.

I too am still waiting for the high output lamp. That is why I got the GM. I wanted to be able to know which had the brighter lamp in it without turning it on.

However,I am still waiting patiently (?) for the elusive E3
grin.gif

axolotls

Enlightened
The E2-Elite is HA, Pyrex Lens, anti-roll bezel and LOCK-OUT TAIL CAP. Well, I love the tail cap idea. I like the look of this one better.

My E2-GM lost a few of it's parts (body and tail cap)
frown.gif
So looking at other SF options, I decided and hopefully the remaining parts are compatible (or I'll just hock them here) that I will just go ahead and get the E2-Elite.

More $$$, but I am sure it will fill that empty void in my soul
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

$85 available now through Surefire only. Didn't mean to 'break your balls', but I thought everyone knew about that one, I followed that release like a hawk.

Eric
tongue.gif

axolotls

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lightspeed:
$85 available now through Surefire only. Didn't mean to 'break your balls', but I thought everyone knew about that one, I followed that release like a hawk.

Eric
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't no thing
tongue.gif
That's what they're there for
blush.gif

BTW. I just ordered one to replace my E2-GM!!!
grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
Actually I've seen these available at local dealers for about $75.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I was under the impression that dealers couldn't discount more than 10% now.
confused.gif
TX

axolotls

Enlightened
gee. break my balls will ya? i haven't been in this section of the board for quite some time and wuz lookin on info on the E2-elite.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I guess I was surprised to see this thread again!
blush.gif

Hark at me! Alastair is "surprised" a SureFire thread about a great light as the E2e is reactivated...

Whatever next?!
rolleyes.gif

Al
wink.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Sean - can you let us know where you're seeing these prices? Brick and Mortar? How "local" is local? thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The place is called "Linda's Custom Parts" in Springfield, IL (217)-544-3552.

They had a set-up at a gun show last weekend and had both the E1e & E2e. They had every Surefire you can think of on display(except the 10X), and also had streamlights, maglites, ASP, Brinkamnns, etc.

They said they do phone orders so give them a call & see what they say.
smile.gif

The gun show was very close to me (7 miles) but their store in Springfield is over an hour drive away, I have not looked locally to see if there are any Surefire dealers near me, I wish Surefire had a dealer locator on their website.
frown.gif